MC not working?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by Chanzei4, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Chanz_

Chanz_ Master Helper

Whenever I try to play MC, it says its u[dating then says update failed. It doesnt want to work lol.

2. Chanz_

Chanz_ Master Helper

"Downloading Runtime"???

3. Chanz_

Chanz_ Master Helper

"Unable to Update the Minecraft Native Launcher".

4. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Sorry you are having trouble getting the update.

Is your internet stable while it is updating?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BellStar

BellStar Every time you hear a Bellstar... Moderator Helper VIP

I had a similar problem when I first installed the new MC launcher. I had to keep removing it and installing it and eventually it worked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

I would make sure your Java is up-to-date and that old versions of Java are removed. Otherwise, maybe try to reinstall the launcher like BellStar03 said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chanz_

Chanz_ Master Helper

How do I remove the launcher? Will this erase all singleplayer data?

8. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Yea, it seems since they went to the new launcher, things have been buggy for many people. What operating system/version do you have?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BellStar

BellStar Every time you hear a Bellstar... Moderator Helper VIP

In my case, when I installed the new launcher it created a new Minecraft shortcut. I cound never get the new one to open. So what I did was go back to my original Minecraft shortcut and click on the highlighted part that said I was using an outdated launcher and that a new one was available. After doing that it indicated I had already installed the new launcher and asked if I wanted to remove it. I removed it and installed it again. There may be another may to re-install it that I am not aware of.

And, like RatMazeMind said, I have had problems with my Java before. I have specificallly had problems after I have installed Java updates. For some reason it invariably installs 32 bit version and I have a 64 bit system. I didn't realize that was happening for a while, but, I couldn't get on Minecraft at all when that happened so now I watch for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Public Service Announcement: In most people's cases, you will not need to install Java yourself. When you download Minecraft from minecraft.net, it will automatically have the best version of Java available for your system and will install it for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

Try uninstalling MineCraft itself and re-installing it.
    (When you buy minecraft, the account is what you pay for, not the game itself)