Minecraft 1.9, "Outdated server", and the future of The Sandlot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Feb 29, 2016.

1. It would be similar to factions.

2. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

How so?

3. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Yes, it would be fraught with drama and probably quickly closed. I do not believe that it is worth the effort to set up. We can be patient until the plug-ins get updated.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gamedude3

Gamedude3 Master VIP

Thank you c0wgod!

5. Yanko

Yanko Master

I don't know... I think it would be fun to have a regular sub-server with no plugins, and just a simple set of rules (which most of us already follow, being that the Sandlot requires us to be polite to each other, and such). If it's clearly stated that the server will have griefing and PVP, it will encourage players to make hide-outs, and secret chests. Sandlot members who don't want to deal with that will not join that sub-server since there are many other more suitable options for them to chose from. But those of us who wouldn't mind the rules, can enjoy the new 1.9 update with our friends!

@c0wg0d @LifeLearner @zilory @minecraftermen - This is just a thought.

6. zilory

Again I would love this but there are already those rules on other servers and people do still grief and steal sadly.

7. Yanko

Yanko Master

@zilory - so why not have a server where that's okay?

8. zilory

But a server where thats ok means lots of people would be sad and there would be a lot of drama.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yanko

Yanko Master

I don't think that would be the case if it's clear from the very beginning that these things are allowed in the server. Players who don't want to deal with that can chose not to join it. Kind of a "enter at your own risk" type thing, you know?

I mean... I get it. This server is supposed to be family friendly, and having such an aggressive sub-server can be a problem. I just really want to play 1.9 on the Sandlot with my friends.

10. zilory

I agree but in the end its up to the mods and c0w. It would take a lot of work on their behalf to set up a server like that.

11. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Basically, this is anarchy; no rules regarding protection of players or property. So, the only rules would be those governing chat, right?

What I envision is a lot of drama from spawn killing, where players can't even leave the spawn location alive. And complaints of trolling and betrayal and unfairness in who finds the end first, etc.

I just think that The Sandlot is not the right multiplayer server for this type of free-for-all world. But, it is not my decision to make. This is just my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Yanko

Yanko Master

You're probably right.

Well, where there's a will there's a way. I'm sure there's probably a way we can do this, and try to control the server to some extent. However, I'm sure that'll take a lot effort and research that doesn't need to be done at this time. The idea was worth throwing out there. Hopefully it'll inspire someone to come up with a better way that 1.9 can come to The Sandlot sooner.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AwesomeBlock375

AwesomeBlock375 Mreoowwwww

Oh ok! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. PEP56

PEP56 Master

Well, I thought Sandlot might start a 1.9 creative server which had two opposing platforms off which people could dive, to dogfight with bows (which now fire faster) and elytra (gliding wings). :)

-Pat

• Like Like x 2
  15. It doesn't work that way they move way to fast you would need thousands of blocks not to fall in 5 seconds.

16. zilory

Make a world that's only air then make the platforms at the height limit.

17. Still you would have to jump at the same second.

18. zilory

No you can go straight into a dive then lift up and start gliding again.

19. When you glide you go almost straight down right? If not how do you steer up for longer?

20. zilory

You do not go almost straight down you will go down faster if you look straight at the ground. You can also go down and turn up sharply and the momentum will give you a little boost to glide upward a bit.