My llama is a shapeshifter

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by MeowjesticKatz, Jul 7, 2022.

1. MeowjesticKatz

MeowjesticKatz Purr Monger

Hello, it is me, with more minecraft issues.

So I tried attaching a brown carpet to a llama I had just stolen from a wandering trader (the trader is fine) that I had named Charlotte. Everything was going normally until I tried to take the brown carpet off of Charlotte, when she promptly evaporated, leaving me with only an enchanted piece of white carpet labeled "stHorses Saddle." Upon trying to place it, Charlotte reappears! But now, the carpet is white instead of brown, and I've lost a lead in the process. I'm not sure what this means but I think it might be a glitch?

The carpet:
    upload_2022-7-7_15-12-25.png
    upload_2022-7-7_15-12-52.png
    The llama in question, with the mysterious white carpet (now no longer enchanted): upload_2022-7-7_15-13-59.png
    I can mount and dismount Charlotte with ease, but as soon as I dare try to separate that woolen fabric from her she freaks out and merges with it, therefore enchanting it. At least that's my conclusion.

Help??

I'm on version 1.18.2

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. MeowjesticKatz

Update: I put a brown carpet on my other llama and now he's a shapeshifter too, so I know it isn't specific to Charlotte's case

3. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

I know the saddle/carpet thing is intentional so you can move your animals easier, but the carpet changing color shouldn't happen.

4. MeowjesticKatz

Oh okay, good to know! I've never had llamas on here before so it was confusing at first

• Like Like x 1
  5. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

yea, carpet is intentional but is pretty buggy. pretty sure you can place it in an admin area and crash server.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  6. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Useful x1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. bizarr0

bizarr0 Master Moderator Elder VIP

Adds Luna to the "watch" list.... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

In theory, this shouldn't happen anymore, but I'd prefer nobody try to intentionally test it...

And as Luna said, the carpet not retaining the color is a bug, but unfortunately probably not one that will ever be fixed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

i wouldnt want to frankly, already broke the server enough through finding the bug