"Not Responding"

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by starrpowah, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starri

starri sandlot's okayest Helper

Every time I try to on to Minecraft, Multiplayer or Singleplayer, I get "Not Responding" or the similar message. I know this is common, but I get it every time, and I was wondering if anybody knew a solution or at least a way to make it not happen as much?

I believe it's a result of lag, so it would also help if anybody had any advice on getting rid of lag.

2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

If that happens, you usually just have to wait. Most of the time it will work. If you give it several minutes and it still doesn't respond, make sure you have enough hard drive space on your computer. It would also be a good idea to try creating a new profile in your launcher with no mods and using that to start Minecraft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. starri

Okay, thank you! I'll try all of that.

4. starri

I tried to get on, and this came up - I didn't want to make another thread for it.

The server wouldn't load and the screen said:
    Failed to connect to server
    Not authenticated with Minecraft.net

5. partialjewel

partialjewel Espada 4 VIP

Reload the game. if you changed your name, sign out of your account and back in.

6. starri

Thank you a bunch!! now I can actually get on the server. It still lags a bunch, and freezes a few moments after I log in, but at least I've made progress. I'm going to look at the disk space on my computer and see if that might be a problem. More advice is welcomed

• Like Like x 2
  7. starri

IT'S WORKINGGGG! Woohoo! Feels good after a long time of no craft. After lots of research, I found someone who had the same problem and solved it. I guess I'll see you guys on.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Yay! Welcome back Starr! :D

Can you share the solution?

9. starri

Thank you! And yes, I can try.

I copied most of this off another website - or at least some pictures. I wish I could credit the person, but I can't. Hopefully it's okay I'm using some of the pictures. They might not even work honestly..

1. - Open Run. do Windows+R on your computer. The Run application should come up. In the bar, type in "%appdata%". Click OK. A folder with apps will appear. You should see "minecraft" among those.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 (Optional) - Back up your Minecraft Files.
    If you have worlds in singleplayer you want to keep or texturepacks or whatever, you may want to back up some files. First, Enter the minecraft folder. Once inside this folder, select all of the items you wish to save. This could be texturepacks, saves, resourcepacks, screenshots, options, whatever. Once you have selected all of the files and folders you wish to backup, right click on them and select Copy from the menu. Go to another folder you'll remember and paste them there. Remember where they are.
    [​IMG]

3 - Remove The Minecraft Folder. It's simple - right click and remove.
    [​IMG]

4 - Restart. Restart your computer to ensure temporary files that might be on your system are removed. Just in case.

5 - Relaunch! Simple enough, wasn't it? You'll have to log back into minecraft. If you didn't back up any files, you'll have to add Sandlot back, put your controls back, FOV, etc etc. Speaking of backup files...

6 (Optional) - Get those files back. If you backed up your files, you may now restore them. Find where you backed your Minecraft files and folders to in 2, select all of them, right click, and select the Copy option. Using Run, find your minecraft folder and pop it open. Select the "Paste Item" option and paste those backup files. You may be asked if you want to overwrite some of the files and folders you are copying if the Minecraft Launcher created them in Step 4.

Well, phew, that's what I did. It's still a bit laggy, but that's to come with an old laptop. Hope this might've helped somebody.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.