Official Minecon Earth 2017 Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Haha

2. _Tiffy_

_Tiffy_ Master VIP

Fish. That is all :D

3. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Jump to about 40:00 for the pre-show and 1:05:00 for the actual show.

• Like Like x 4
  4. tmuo

tmuo :D VIP

Minecraft Earth was awesome! i really enjoyed that i got to experience it!

• Like Like x 2
  5. cxttoncandy

cxttoncandy slay queen Helper VIP

This was so much fun to go to! The one I went to had a bunch of raffles, so you had multiple chances of winning. They also had a bunch of spleef competitions, and whoever won each got a Minecon hat :D (I got a hat, but I was technically in 2nd place, as they were doing it by best out of 3, the person ahead of me won 2, and I won 1, but since the person ahead of me had already won a hat, I won the hat :p)

• Like Like x 4
  6. hamsrus1

hamsrus1 you got to keep em moderated Moderator Elder VIP

just got back... it was fine lol, didn't stay for the livestream or anything, but handed out all my flyers and a whole lot of business cards. will post some pictures later on

• Like Like x 3
  7. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

#SelfieTime
    [​IMG]

---
    MineCon Earth was great! The space was crowded, and there wasn't too much to do, but overall is was good. I was really disappointed, however, that only the Xbox version of Minecraft was available to play - I don't know how to play Xbox Minecraft, so I didn't play much. The refreshments were good. :p

I received a poster, badge and hat. The poster is awesome! :D

There was a costume contest, so I was happy that I brought my ninja mask. I didn't win, though. Not sure why; it was made out of cardboard, string, some glue, a picture of a ninja mask, and took less than an hour to make. I guess four-year-olds wearing a 3D box creeper that took time to make is better... ;)

Mob B! Woohoo! Dolphins! Woohoo! The costume that won third place in the 2017 Minecraft Costume Contest! YIPPEE! The wolf was amazing - totally should have won first place. :rolleyes:

Overall it was good, but I would prefer a large event with many people, goodies, and activities to do.

• Like Like x 5
  8. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

I personally enjoyed the stream from last year more even though I didn't get to go to minecon, it was more exciting.

9. hamsrus1

hamsrus1 you got to keep em moderated Moderator Elder VIP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    they had some youtubers at this one so that was neat
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RatMazeMind

I like that blue shirt. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. zilory

:O is that you? You look so different from that last picture you posted! I love some of those YouTubers too - awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Hams you are looking so grown up! :O

@cajungirl70 I can't believe you were at the liveshow! That's so awesome!

@Abbz05 Why am I not surprised you wore a ninja mask to the event? Haha! Nice job!

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but there wasn't much to say. Our event was, well I'm sorry but it was lame. The actual livestream was fantastic, but the only other event was a Minecraft Soccer tournament, and they only had 2 laptops for people to play on. They did have a cosplay contest, but only one girl dressed up (she was a pig, and the costume was amazing). We got a swag bag with a cool Minecraft themed Hot Wheels car, and we got a Minecon Earth lanyard and placard, but that's about it.

I'm still glad we went though. 1.14 is going to be pretty awesome!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 1
  13. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

The one in Cincinnati was pretty lame too. It looked a little bit like ham’s pics (the store itself), but not so many people. The space for the video only held about 12, and I think a lot (all 50?) of younger kids (under 8-ish) had got there early as it was full and they were playing MC on maybe a dozen laptops. Some older kids were looking in from the sides, but it was crowded there. A few cool costumes though. No balloons, no food. The first fifty kids were in on the drawings but that was all. There were only Microsoft lanyards for them, too. We did get a poster. ChanCe67T didn’t seem too disappointed but I know he was. He took good care of the poster all the way home!
    Overall, we did have fun doing a few other things, but it sounded like a home viewing was best.. unless you were in Atlanta! *8Dwow*

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

IMG_3832.jpg IMG_3840.JPG IMG_3841.jpg IMG_3844.jpg IMG_3848.jpg IMG_3854.jpg IMG_3857.jpg Here's how we randomly & UNEXPECTEDLY ended up at the "ONE & ONLY" LIVE worldwide MINECON event yesterday8D. So, we live around 45 minutes NE of the Perimeter Mall Microsoft store/ATL and I wanted to get there by 11 in case of a line. We arrived a little after 11 (@_SaltyLightning_ likes to sleep in:confused:), and NO line. Ok, no line? So, a little strange I thought. A Microsoft employee got the boys settled in a seat w/each their own little tablet to begin playing Minecraft on, while awaiting the start of the viewing party. They also were each given a MC baseball cap and a lanyard to put around their neck. (If you look at my prior post from yesterday, Pops is wearing his "Minecraft" cap in one of the pics.)

So, me being me, as the boys began on their little "laptops", I started talking to a mom who was sitting across from me. I asked her "why aren't there more ppl here? I thought we'd arrive and have to stand in line...?"

She said: "there were a lot of ppl here earlier but the employees here were giving out tickets to the LIVE event in downtown.."
    Me: "huho_O? WHAT live event?"
    The mom: "Oh, I guess they are filming this whole worldwide MINECON 2017 from ATLANTA @ Center Stage...like 20 minutes from here."
    Me: "Are you serious? They are filming it from HERE, Atlanta?"
    The mom: "yes, I think so!"

I looked at my phone for the time and it was like 11:20. So, I asked a Microsoft employee if she had any more tickets to the live event. She did & she said it was to start at 12 noon! She gave me 3 tickets after she said, "You can try and make it there in time, it's up to you." I punched the address of the live event in to my iphone map and it said 12 miles/21 minutes away!

I had to at least try and do this for my boys;), so we rushed back to the van and were off! We made it there to midtown Atlanta by 11:40ish. Yay! We found a nearby parking lot and paid $ and the rest is history!

Apparently, the exact filming location (ATL) of 2017 MINECON was kept very hush hush, not sure why. But, there were even a few seats left! Nonetheless, it was AWESOME. And, we were very lucky. As this experience was totally unexpected.

Above are some live pics. As everybody left the live event, we were each given a Minecraft backpack which had a stuffed blue sheep, a poster, some magnets and some coupons for $ off MC stuff.

The boys were really hoping for a "Minecon MC cape" like in the past, but it doesn't seem so:( this time.

P.S. As we walked back to our van, the last picture I snapped was what I think was the stretch limousine for Will Arnett - the voice of Lego Batman!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. RatMazeMind

@cajungirl70 What an awesome surprise and treat for you guys! You shoulda pretended like you knew all along and told the boys this counted as their big Christmas present! (Coulda saved you some money!) xd Atlanta seems like it's quietly becoming the next Hollywood as a lot of movies and TV shows are filmed down there now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

Haha! Yes, GREAT idea, but I'm a lil slow on thinking of cool make believe ideas like yours:eek:=C!

And yes, Atlanta is slowly and quietly becoming the 2nd Los Angeles or Hollywood....which is kinda cool! I guess cuz it's a conveniently located US "hub" with many cool landmarks? Not sure what's behind this interesting occurrence?

And, yeah....after Minecon, I dragged them back to the Perimeter Mall which has a "Nordstrom" (my favorite store of all time) and they both proceeded to purposely trail my every step in order to annoy me to the point where I'd just want to go home, you know, boys hate shopping. But, it didn't workROFL, ROFL! Haha.

We ended up at the mall till 6pm and then went to Carabbas for dinner. So, I think I won:p...or....maybe they did?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. tmuo

18. tmuo

I enjoyed mine somewhat, it was pretty lame too. They had some food but only about a dozen kids where there + their parents, can't say I expected much for Oklahoma, but it's ok. :)

I left a bit early (about half way through the livestream) because my mom wanted to go shopping. :p

But I got a lanyard aswell, and a hat! I also took a picture with one of the Microsoft employees which I may share later! :)

19. Webkins1

Webkins1 Bunny Whisperer Helper

Nooo! I can't believe I missed this.. :( Will there be another chance next year? (I mean like a thread where you can say which one you're going to)

20. zilory

Minecon has traditionally been annual. So yes most likely one next year.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.