Public Service Announcement Regarding Minecraft Realms

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Apr 29, 2014.

1. SnoopyBanna

SnoopyBanna Master Helper

Groo's Army! Recruiting Groo's Army! Raid the twitter sites, mojang bug reports, and Cheracc's reddit threads!! GROOGAROOGAROO!

2. Drzzter

Drzzter Master Elder Helper

I didn't realize you could get invited until now. :roll: But yeah, That sounds quite terrible, There's quite a few people out there that could misuse this.

3. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

Thanks for providing this information, definitely scary. This is why I wanted a Family_friendly server, so nothing bad could ever happen like this. Sandlot is amazing, thanks for everything! :)

4. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

5. FishiestCatfish

FishiestCatfish Master Helper

im 11 may i upvote on the parent section anyway? and yes, thank you, I have been tought this, but too many parents have not taught thier own kids.

6. Ugh... All the kids and stalkers that would be negatively affected by this continue to down vote. We have to Go Into hyperdrive with the up votes, or this will never get done

7. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

I have never done this before, but I am considering sending out a mass email to all registered email accounts for The Sandlot. I think a lot of parents that would be concerned with this are also parents that signed their kids up for our server, and once they were added have nothing to do with it anymore - no forums, website, etc.

Also, by this point, those reddit posts are probably too old to do much even with a swarm of upvotes. Any new posts with the same topic will be annihilated as a "repost" before they have a chance to get anywhere.

It's frustrating, but I'm not giving up.

8. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

Cheracc, as a parent, I would be grateful for a mass email on this urgent topic. I play Sandlot, but many/most parents don't and will never see these forums.

9. FishiestCatfish

FishiestCatfish Master Helper

Voted =D Thx for the heads up.

10. WynterrX

WynterrX Adept Helper

I don't know if this is going to make it at this rate. :/ I honestly don't believe Reddit is the right place for this sort of thing. There are too many teenagers and older kids there that will automatically go, "No no NO i deserve my freedom parents r so overprotective & mean!" I'm not sure about the official Minecraft website's forums, but it seems that a lot of people on there are mature. Perhaps try a post similar to your Reddit one there?

11. x_R4v3PUPPY333_x

x_R4v3PUPPY333_x the vidya game playa

Cheracc Thank you for this. and thank you for creating the sandlot.
    I agree that mojang needs to do this!

12. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Done. Belatedly.

13. SnoopyBanna

SnoopyBanna Master Helper

So...THEY DID IT

My brother got this new screen when accidentally clicking on the Realms button, and it said something like:
    Microsoft has recently acquired Mojang, and we have set new standards to comply with COPPA. You may need a guardian to unlock Realms access for you.

So that means a parent/guardian has to approve the account before Minecraft will let you access the Realms screen!!!!!!!!! Microsoft isn't as bad as we thought they were, now are they? ;)

• Like Like x 9