(SVS) Can't set any chests to public in my claim

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by jerrymano, Oct 12, 2017.

1. jerrymano

jerrymano Master

I've tried /cpublic, I've tried /cremove, I've tried unclaiming and reclaiming the area, I've tried destroying the chests and remaking them... I just can't seem to get chests on my property to be publicly-accessible. Is there a magic command that I'm missing or something?

Thanks!

2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I'm guessing it's because there are two protections going on, one for the chest itself and one for the claim, which also protects chests.

If the chest is in a claim, you need to subdivide the claim to allow the public to access it, or just make the whole claim publicly accessible.

So, do one of the following scenarios:

1. Type /cremove
    2. Punch the chest
    3. Type /containertrust public

OR

1. Type /cremove
    2. Punch the chest
    3. Type /subdivideclaims with a gold shovel in your hand
    4. Mark the corners around where the chest is located. You should see white wool borders and iron blocks in the corners.
    5. Stand inside the subdivided claim you just made and type /containertrust public

See this video for more info (somewhat outdated because we are using LWC not Lockette for chest protection, but should still be useful--start watching at 17:20).

• Like Like x 2
  3. jerrymano

jerrymano Master

This worked! I thought for a minute that doing this gave everyone permissions for all my chests everywhere, but luckily the ones that were already private stayed private. Only the /cremoved ones became correctly public. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1