SVS Resource World Now Open

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 23, 2015.

1. On a more friendly note, don't dig in resource world without knowing how to use coordinates. For reference:

Resource World Spawn: 208/65/247

Resource World Mine Stair Base: 205/11/314

• Like Like x 5
  2. Zilory, if you want to make a public mine, it's best to follow c0wg0d's recommendations. Also, you miss more than one ore. You miss the ores that are at level 10 and level 13/14/15 (depending on how tall you mine). I can't count the number of times the ore shows in the roof or floor...something you'll miss about 20% of the time, add that the the 33% chance of missing ore based upon your 3 gap plan, we're losing good stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Virgeric

Virgeric Social Distancing since 1982! Moderator Elder VIP

*This* is the most practical information you will need not to get irretrievably lost.

• Like Like x 4
  4. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Nobody has to do it but me and Gert have been doing that and finding lots of gold and diamonds she hav over a stack of diamonds. When SnoopyCG mines he gets a ton of stuff right? well thats basicly his mining method.

5. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I even wrote these coordinates on a reference page, so I can tell anyone who pm's me because s/he has gotten lost! (Or, for when I get lost one day and am too embarrassed to ask JK to come find me. :oops: Or, is it that I don't want to share....:rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 7
  6. Virgeric

Virgeric Social Distancing since 1982! Moderator Elder VIP

I'm with Zilory on one thing - tunnels three blocks apart instead of two. It is not true that you will miss 33% of the ores, because ores are virtually always in bunches (emerald excepted) and these bunches are normally at least two wide. I would suggest that the efficiencies you get mining this way more than make up for the odd lost emerald or single ore.

(As for the level to mine, or the height of the mine, I have my preferences but not sure they are based on MC science.)

• Like Like x 5
  7. What is SVS I know lel I am a n00b

8. edwardkgh

edwardkgh Sandlot's Owl Helper

Semi-Vanilla Survival, Or for short SVS, SV, Or Normal

9. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

If I could actually play, I would do this:

Step 1: Take all 3 of my donkey/mules/enderchests and put my storage in there when I'm done mining or in the mining session, just in case I die.

Step 2: /Suicide or kill yourself xd

Then when you get home you can tp your storage holders and well, get yo goodies ;D

And then a nice thing to do would be to set up a shop near spawn with mining materials and remove it when a reset will happen, and place it again in the new world reset thingy

Aannnnddd sell them for cheap for those new players, like $1 depending on the item :)

Just a few tips :p

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

If you're mining, All you need to do is follow your tunnel back.
    If you get lost in a cave, meaning you can't find your tunnel - Just make sure you have the coordinates noted.

11. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

That requires effort

this doesn't xd

• Like Like x 1
  12. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Am I the only who thought of digging straight up to the surface...

• Like Like x 7
  13. zilory

No. I have done that often.

14. zilory

I might try that sometime! :D:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. zilory

Thanks I didn't explain that well.. But since were the only ones who want to use that mine atm we have it all to ourselfs! :D

16. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Ah.... but, veins do not usually spawn one thick. I recall reading that the most time/block efficeint method is 8 blocks in between due to ore veins. More efficient that way.

17. Again, mining c0w's way allows for ores in the roof or floor to be found that will be missed if you mine wider. Mine however you wish, but don't misunderstand the fact that you will miss some valuables.

18. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

If it takes me 5 minutes to find 80% of valuables, or 10 to find 100%, I'm going with the first option. Valuables/minute is far more inportant then getting them all imo. I personally just mine in a big long line and then /home (pre resource-world) so I'm in an uninhabited area, but also mining extremely efficiently. I miss 99.9999% of ores along my path, but my ores/minute is just as good. Not to mention more ravines and caves this way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NotSighless

NotSighless Your neighborhood cat lover

So c0w.. what is the resource world and what do you do in it?

20. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

It's just a separate world where you can go to get resources, like diamonds, gold, lilypads, dirt, etc. It will be deleted and recreated from time to time based on demand and my available time.

• Like Like x 1