Wireless Razer Basilisk Ultimate Won't Charge.

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by LegoBoyo, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Taylor___Swift13

Taylor___Swift13 Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper

My wireless mouse doesn't seem to want to charge. I've cleaned the pins that connect the mouse and the charging dock as well as the underside of the mouse. I turn off the mouse, put it on top of the charging dock, it starts to glow red (which is what it is supposed to do). Then the color fades, comes back, fades, repeat. I've installed Synapse (which shows me how much charge my mouse has). Unfortunately my mouse is still at 1% after hours of trying to get it to charge. I turn on my mouse, disconnect it from the dock and the red blinks until it is no more. The Basilisk is dead. So I repeat the process, clean, make sure it is plugged in correctly, etc. The same result happens. I presume on Synapse the battery symbol isn't supposed to keep filling up from the bottom again and again and is supposed to stay loaded. I don't know what happened, this occurred a day ago when I was getting netherite with @sprainedd in Hard Survival. My mouse does have a history of falling to the ground and being smacked to wake it up from slumber (it freezes sometimes). I don't know what to do so I have turned to you guys.

Thank you for reading,

Sincerely, your friendly lego minifigure

-Lego

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I had a really nice mouse die, and did a little reading of reviews to learn what happened. Your case may be a loose part inside if it has been slammed around. Check some reviews and see if it is common or how to repair it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. PipWil

PipWil Look out for the PipWil!

I read the title and legitimately thought you were trying to order a basilisk with razors to perform a military action. Aside from that, it seems that there is a usbc charging port in the front of the mouse that might work. If this does not work people mention that ear swabs and alcohol seemed to clean off the holes on the underside of the mouse. It seems that this is a common issue so some research would definitely be worthwhile.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Taylor___Swift13

I will definitely take all of these into account for the future. What is weird now is that it seems to be charging just fine now all of a sudden. The color is no longer red but is a yellowish green. I checked Synapse and its currently charging at 48%! Either I lacked the patience or had a slight malfunction at the time this happened. I am not very experienced in the techy side of things so all of your advice really helps! I'm still going to be using the track pad until the charge gets to a higher percentage.

Edit: What is weird is that the lights seem to be throbbing. I am pretty sure in the past the lights just stayed aglow instead of flickering in a slow manner like they are now. It is now at 62%, I presume because of how it took a while to charge it might've been a slight malfunction that is fixed now?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  5. PipWil

PipWil Look out for the PipWil!

Is the light change button on the mouse or in the app?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Krakhis

Krakhis Adept VIP

Do you have the model number?
    How old is it?
    Have you tried plugging the USB in to different ports?
    Is the cable one that came with it or different?
    The battery could be going bad or the charging board.

7. .LostSpot

.LostSpot Adept

Well I have 4 mouse and it really doesn’t like to charge

8. Taylor___Swift13

It blinks red consistently when it is about to die. The mouse has a red light that throbs when it is charging on low battery.

9. Taylor___Swift13

Model Number: RC30-031701

I have tried plugging the USB into different USB ports on the computer, it seems to be doing the same problem.
    The mouse is wireless, the charging dock came with the mouse that can be plugged into the computer.
    Honestly it could be both but I presume the charging dock. I most likely need a new mouse. I tried using a Logitech mouse in replacement but that didn't work. Due to the computer being Razer I presume it only is combatable with Razer mouses.

10. Taylor___Swift13

I seem to be having the same problem again. I align the mouse with the charging dock and it glows red in and out in a throbbing motion. I check Synapse and it looks as if to be charging but I go back an hour or two later and it is on the same percent it started with. Either the mouse dock is broken or the mouse... or both of them are. I don't know what to do.

Edit: I restarted my computer to see if that would help. It did not.

11. .LostSpot

.LostSpot Adept

Ummm idk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Taylor___Swift13

I don't know either. I presume I should just purchase a new mouse but I don't have a job nor money.

13. .LostSpot

.LostSpot Adept

Just don’t get a new one get a boring one it’s a lot better then a wireless mouse

14. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I checked online and this charging issue seems to be a somewhat common problem with that mouse. Many people suggest cleaning the pins, which you said you tried, but how did you clean them? It's possible if the mouse got wet or you live in a humid environment that the pins have oxidized and need to be cleaned with something more than just rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs.

Does the charging dock plug into the wall or into the computer? I would try plugging it directly into the wall. Sometimes USB ports do not give enough power to charge USB devices. (It's very complicated as to why.)

You can use Logitech mice with your computer. I'm not sure what your issue was there, but it should definitely work. Just because it's a Razer laptop, you can still use any mouse brand.

Even if you can't get the mouse to charge, you should still be able to use the mouse wired as a last resort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Krakhis

Krakhis Adept VIP

As the god of cows mentioned, with your model # and a search, it sounds like the pins for your mouse/charger could be dirty and suggested to clean it:

Just because your computer is a specific brand, does not mean you have to use that specific branded mice. A $10 mouse should work on all types of computers and some tablets.

I'm curious about the logitech mouse. They should almost always work, and I'm curious if somehow the dongle wasn't placed in to the computer correctly for the mouse to work?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Taylor___Swift13

I believe the Logitech mouse handed to me was an old design. That is most likely why it didn't click with the old or modern computer.

17. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

The only suggestion I can make at this point is to steer clear from Razer mice.

I actually used one for 2ish months as my main mouse, and it was great, until one of the main clicks wouldn't work 75% of the time...

The mouse was brand new.

I know it was probably technically under some sort of warranty where I could have gotten it fixed but at that point it just seemed like a hassle and I wasn't left with much confidence in its quality. I switched to a nice Logitech mouse immediately following and use it to this day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Taylor___Swift13

Though I'm sure the Razer mouse looked cool... Logitech for the WIN!

19. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Looked cool? Yes

Functioned? Not for very long...

(Aside: Razer Synapse is awful and I've heard absolutely nobody say good things about it.)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Taylor___Swift13

The only reason I installed it (I can uninstall it) was to see how much charge I have on my Razer mouse. Honestly in the future I'm planning on getting a gaming set up that most likely isn't Razer but is a Gaming Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Gaming Computer, etc. Should be very fun to play with but it will be VERY expensive!

• Like Like x 1