1.8 is Coming. What it means for The Sandlot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Apr 4, 2014.

1. JohnPaul

JohnPaul Initiate

Hey everybody. I started reading this tread and wanted to put in my two cents, but I just can't take the time to read all of the posts. Please don't flame me for my lack of real world time. I really like this server and I think my kid does also.

I prefer option 1, with the caveat that the requests to change names are placed very low on the priority list and perhaps only resolved/updated once per day. I could be automated, left to filters and perhaps a brief visual scan of a report once per day. To prevent slip-ups on the part of the moderators (who are probably already overworked) it could require perusal and acceptance by more than one person with some appropriate level of authority. As long as there is a general system whereby somebody who is arbitrated against can at least respond, everything seems like it would work. It seems like it would be possible to have the name change object be a command block in the game that is activated by the player in the lobby area.

Thanks for listening.

2. camerongrace10

camerongrace10 Artisan Helper

Option two. I will not be changing my IGN though.

3. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

What about option two, with some caveats. If name changes were allowed, I would consider changing to SanTaFeRailroad, to emphasize the T in Trek, and because I don't think I'd weaken any "bonds of friendship", as c0wg0d points out might happen with more drastic changes. So would it be possible to have option 2, except not needing an app. approval for small things like capitalization?