Beacons?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by RoseCat82020, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _LxnaEclipse

_LxnaEclipse Just playin' my role

Why are beacons NOT allowed?

2. GemOLantern

GemOLantern Codin' Gopher Helper VIP

Hmm, I didn’t even realize they weren’t allowed. I’m curious about this too!

3. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I was never aware of beacons not being allowed. What server is this on? Did someone tell you they weren't allowed or can you not place them?

4. RaspberryRose_

RaspberryRose_ is a wiffle Helper

I believe she is talking about creative, where only VIPs may place beacons.

5. zilory

Oh. I was never aware of that. I assume it is because it is the lag they create.

6. RaspberryRose_

RaspberryRose_ is a wiffle Helper

Most likely.

7. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

I don't understand. Bacon doesn't create lag. What server doesn't allow bacons??? Irma Gerd, this is outrageous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

They do cause lag when used excessively. I once saw a plot that had a beacon on nearly every surface block. This is why they are banned.

• Like Like x 2
  9. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

OMG I think you're right. With bacon on nearly every surface block, I would probably lag some too.

Giant-Pile-of-Bacon.jpg

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Beautiful x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. I want that much bacon :d:d

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. YSElectro

YSElectro tesseracting since 2016

dang. im not allowed to eat bacon. Turkey bacon is amazing though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. _LxnaEclipse

_LxnaEclipse Just playin' my role

Thank You C0w G0d! Thank you guys! But why are ya talking about Bacon instead of beacons?

13. zilory

We're just joking around :) Well, they are but I feel part of the joking too lol

14. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I had to have one of my creative plots relocated due to excessive beacons on a nearby plot. They were all activated so I had the complete range of beacon effects in my plot. Really annoying. Friends don’t let friends overdo beacons.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Legolas135

Legolas135 Guest

The problem with beacons lies not in the light from the beacon block (light updates cause lag, but unless you keep placing and removing a beacon you aren't actually causing any). Also, not much lag comes from the beacon beam either, again, unless you have a lot of them and still the lag is only fps lag and not tick lag. The main cause of lag from beacons is the fact that:
    1: They have to update to check for blocks above them, as they don't work without sky access, and placing colored glass above them changes the beam color.
    2: There are different tiers of beacons that you can make, depending on the structure size under them, and the beacon has to know when the structure size has changed.
    Hope this helps!

16. RogueVI

RogueVI Adept

I LOVE BACON (ya beacons lag)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.