Crashing?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by luckydog2oo7, Jun 18, 2014.

1. luckydog2oo7

luckydog2oo7 Master

After some playing around on the other Server-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, it appears I only encounter this issue when playing on the Sandlot. Specifically HG, as I stated earlier. I honestly have no idea as to the cause, or the solution. Looks like I have no choice but to exile myself from HG. :/

2. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Nuuu!!!!! You mus'n't do that!!! Did you clear your DNS cache? That fixed problems I was having in HG.

3. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

Try switching profiles.

4. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

I'm still not completely convinced that the server could cause this, but just in case, I updated everything on the HG servers. Let me know if you see any difference.

5. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Did you try re-installing Minecraft? just back-up your SSP worlds(if you have any) and put your screenshots somewhere and delete the .minecraft folder, and redownload it. That might work.

6. luckydog2oo7

luckydog2oo7 Master

I will give all of these suggestions a try later and see if that solves it. I'll keep you updated.

7. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

Some times the problem results with multiple javaw.exe running and taking additional memory... One javaw.exe runs for the MC launcher & another one runs for the MC game. Sometimes the launcher javaw.exe closes and other times it continues once you start a game. When it does continue, it will keep taking more memory from your defined memory space assigned to java until it reaches the max and kills your java based programs.

To see if this may be the case... Start Task Manager and look under the processes tab for javaw.exe. You may often have 2 of these running while playing Minecraft. One is for the launcher, and one is for the game screen. Sometimes there may be more of these processes running from either crashed start-ups or actual games. As well, they tend to keep taking memory and will eventually fill your quota and cause the game to stop.

Whenever I am having problems, I check these javaw.exe running and kill all of them off except for the game screen one. This usually solves the problem. It even solves lag issues much of the time. How do you know which javaw.exe is the game and with ones are either the launcher or other crashed programs??? Well that takes a bit of trial and error. Worst case you kill the game window and have to start it over. Another alternative if things are going very bad in game is to reboot your computer to clear everything.

Hope this helps,
    - Razz

8. MinerBill03

MinerBill03 Journeyman

What's the DDos thing?

9. camerongrace10

camerongrace10 Artisan Helper

Lurky nuu! I never got to play HG with ya :cry:

10. luckydog2oo7

luckydog2oo7 Master

Hmm, this may actually be the cause. Not sometimes, but every time I play MC, both the game and the launcher are open. I'll play around with this later to see if this is a fix. Thanks.

11. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

You can change your launcher's settings so it will hide itself while the game screen is open, and when you close the game screen, it'll re-open

12. luckydog2oo7

luckydog2oo7 Master

Alright, I tweaked some settings and followed almost everyone's suggestions. After trying out a few rounds of HG today, it seems everything is back to normal. The actual cause, however, still eludes me...I suppose only time will tell if it's permanent. Thanks for everyone's input on this issue.

13. My minecraft crash it said it was out of memory :?: :?: