Crashing

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by HaloBuzz, Feb 15, 2015.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Well let's use the default launcher for now until we get it working. Here's what you should do.

1. Press Winkey + R (Winkey means Windows key, it's the key on your keyboard between Ctrl and Alt)
    2. When you do that, a Run box should pop up.
    3. In the Run box, type %appdata% and press OK.
    4. This will open a new explorer window that contains all your application data.
    5. Toward the top, you should see a folder named .minecraft

Do you see that?

2. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

3. c0wg0d

Okay, right click the .minecraft folder and hit Rename. Rename it to .minecraft-backup

Then download this: https://launcher.mojang.com/download/MinecraftInstaller.msi

Run the MinecraftInstaller.msi file to install Minecraft. Then launch Minecraft from the new shortcut it makes in your Start menu. See if you can play with that version, then we'll continue.

4. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

Tested for a few days, still crashing :/

5. c0wg0d

Did you download and install the new Minecraft Installer?

6. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

Yes

7. c0wg0d

Okay, the next thing is to find out how much system memory you have. Press Winkey+Pause and look at the section called "System". There it will say "Installed Memory (RAM)". How much does it say?

8. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

I don't understand, pause?

9. c0wg0d

It might say Pause/Break. If you're on a laptop, it might be written in blue on one of the keys. If you can't find it, you can go to "System" in your control panel.

10. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

Memory Installed (RAM): 1.00 GB

11. c0wg0d

Okay, yeah, that's not very much... I'm afraid that Minecraft will run very slow on that computer unless you can install more RAM. :(

12. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

That's so weird because before I barely got lag :I

13. c0wg0d

On 1.7 or 1.8?

14. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

15. c0wg0d

Hmm, in that case I'm not really sure. But 1GB is not much just for Windows, let alone for Minecraft. I give Minecraft 3GB when I play.

16. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

Looks like I'm not crashing as much :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Are you using Java 32 or 64 bit?

18. RamonaFlowers22

RamonaFlowers22 Master Helper

i hear crashing is about hackers srry if im wrong

19. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

How do I check?

20. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button [​IMG], right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

2. Under System, you can view the system type.
    Quote from microsoft lol.

Here's something I do when I crash a lot: I create a new profile. It basically kind of cleans out your jar file (but don't worry worlds and servers are saved) To do that, there are diretions:

1) Open your minecraft launcher and in the bottom Left hand corner there should be a button labled "New Profile". Click that.

2) You can change a bunch of settings here. It doesn't matter what the profile name is. When it goes down to Use Version: choose the verison you want to use.

3) Click "Save Profile" and play!

• Like Like x 1