Emergency Maintenance 2019-04-07

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I am done testing hardware. Everything appears to be fine on the hardware side. I booted up into the normal operating system and it already feels slow before I even started any of our Minecraft servers. Not really sure what's going on. Still investigating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

Okay! Have you any idea of when the maintenance will be over? No pressure, of course!

3. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Since the root cause is still unknown, it could be a long time. The best thing the rest of us can do is to be patient, find something else to do for awhile, and check back here periodically. I'm sure he will let us know when everything is resolved. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ARGreat

ARGreat Not just good. Great! Helper VIP

The server is back up temporarily, but it doesn’t seem c0w has found the issue yet. The only server we can play on is the lobby.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

Am I the only one getting ‘Logging in’ for ages, and then it just says ‘Disconnected’?

6. alex7ktrc

alex7ktrc Sandloticus Maximus Helper

wait, you mean there were other servers all this time?!

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. c0wg0d

I need a break. Didn't really fix anything. All servers are coming back online now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. the_new_bo

the_new_bo Hero

Understandable, have a nice break! ;;

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Giraffon

Giraffon Legendary Helper

Well since all the hardware tested okay, now begins the fun process of trying to figure out what changed. In a stable environment, it's usually some kind of security update. At least in my world it is. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ARGreat

ARGreat Not just good. Great! Helper VIP

This just brings back the memories of sky block long long 6 months ago, when the lag was much worse. Personally I would rather this, than what the server was like before the October OS update.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

*sigh* I had to try it. Got kicked from Normal. On the other hand, my single player world lags too, but no kicks.

13. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

@c0wg0d thank you for always being here for us! Feel free to take a break whenever yo need to. You work so hard for us, and you deserve it.

-Mickey

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KRiskKaT

Got back on and had fun. It’s really not all that bad now

• Like Like x 1
  15. c0wg0d

I think I discovered the problem, but it's hard to tell right now when there isn't anyone online. Please let me know tomorrow (EDIT: oops, I mean today, yikes, it's 2 am) if you notice a difference. If not, there's one other thing that I can try that might resolve the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

I noticed no lag in parkour. I felt 2 large lag spikes in Normal (about 6 second delay in chat). I felt about 3-5 lag spikes in Skyblock (only about 3 seconds of lag). All this was during about 1 hour of playing. So while the frequency and severity is greatly reduced, I still feel the lag issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk Expert

I am on Hard by myself and had 1 small lag hiccup in the first minute or so. Walking/sprinting in my tunnels and mining with an Eff 4 pick shows no lag right now.

I hadn't been on enough lately to say it is better or not....

EDIT - I did some more sprinting and got hit with lag whereas a couple weeks ago that never happened in my tunnels.

• Like Like x 1
  18. c0wg0d

I've been doing some maintenance today which is going to skew the results, but yes it appears like there's still a substantial problem with lag.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. KRiskKaT

Enchanted bunny cane into the normal server and said creative wouldn’t let her in. I tried warping to the creative server and it won’t go.

20. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

I got on about 20 minutes after you restarted the servers (they did not restart properly- you typed). I noticed skyblock was snappy and very quick to respond. It has been like this all day. I noticed maybe 3 lag spikes (like 1 or 2 seconds in chest opening or chat) in the 4 hours I've been on. This is a very big improvement and feels totally playable. I might even brave the end in normal server with my elytra- the lag is down so much! Thank you @c0wg0d - I will update here if there is any ther change.

• Like Like x 1