FYI: 1.8 not for a couple of months

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, May 19, 2014.

1. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Yes, but say the first time you repair it, it costs 3 levels, then next time you repair that item it'll cost 4 levels and so on, eventually it will get so high it will become "Too Expensive"

Edit: I just tested this, it started on 1 level to repair a diamond pickaxe, then it went to 2 levels to repair it again. then 4 levels, then 8, then 16, then 32, and Then it went to "Too Expensive"

2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Yes, you will be able to obtain and repair items with lots of enchantments, but only a few times. That Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, Silk Touch diamond pickaxe you've been mining with for the last three months? Yeah, you're going to have to part ways with it soon...

I really dislike the changes they are making, but we will just have to live with them.

3. TheOneCrafter

Yeah, and Iron golem farms are going to be Nerfed, because they won't drop iron unless the player kills them, so the lava killing iron golem traps won't work anymore.

4. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

I thought they reverted that?

5. TheOneCrafter

Nope

6. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

well that stinks.

7. bobandbunny

bobandbunny Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Moderator Elder Helper VIP

What's up with 1.8?[/quote]
    It's stressful to look for a 1.8 skin editor program. :lol:
    EDIT: No, c0wg0d is an enchanter right? They make you pay lapis for enchanting.. :([/quote]
    No, you don't HAVE to pay lapis to enchant. You just need to do it if you want to see the first enchant. Maybe I should buy another three stacks of Lapis blocks from Beast_Ranger...[/quote]

My thought exactly. I've been stocking up on the lapis in SV while the price is cheap. I'm sad about the delay, I wanted to test out slime blocks and iron trap doors.

8. bobandbunny

bobandbunny Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Lol when I quoted it it didn't work at all

9. Hoverflier

Hoverflier Master Helper VIP

Im ready for 1.8 enchanting....
    [​IMG]

10. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

psssh, in easy you can buy lapis like *that*

11. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

What texture pack is that? It is AWESOME!

12. TheOneCrafter

It's faithful 32x32, it is a really nice texture pack, i use it.

13. Dinnerbone actually mentioned earlier in 1.8's development that he was thinking about adding rare weapons/tools normally unobtainable via collecting minerals, only by dungeon raiding or Villager trading, however, the new attribute system (A.K.A the great Inventory rewrite of 2014) has to be finished first. Let's hope we get such.

14. x_DoomBot_x

x_DoomBot_x Artisan

I'm ready aswell, Hover. [​IMG][​IMG] Poor pickaxe... :cry:

15. LuckyLeo

LuckyLeo Artisan Helper VIP

1.7.10 is released; nothing special, just improvements with realms.