How To Be Safe and not get Hacked as Easily! (online safety!)

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by ___jade__, Dec 7, 2020.

1. _Rondolph

_Rondolph The Bean King

Hi! I saw a thread saying that many members of Sandlot have gotten hacked! I know some steps to stay safe!

1: Have a Secure Passcode!!:
    I will not go further with this. Check with a parent or guardian to review safe passcodes.

2: Do not type in passcodes to a website or game that you do not trust!:
    Websites sometimes ask for you to type in your passcode! If you do this a hacker could easily steal your passcode! Be carful with this!

3: Set higher verification:
    Verifications can help because these have to prove that you are human. So this way robots can not get into your account as easily.

These are just a few steps. There are many other ways to stay safe from hackers, but these are some basics. I have gotten hacked and had to do these steps. I am now safe on my accounts, and i hope this will keep many of you safe too.
    Stay Safe from Covid-19 and Hackers!
    -DestructionGod10

Hackers can go for information. They can take away things you work hard for on games. This is not to scare anyone it is so you stay safe! One last way to stay safe though is read privacy policies and terms of use on apps and websites. I hope this provides safety to anyone who follows these steps. Do not share passcodes! Set higher verification!

Ways to know hackers were in your account:
    If you have siblings and/or share your account, any changes made could mean that you were hacked, some one in your household could be pranking you, or a person you share your account with decided to make some changes.
    A way you can know is:
    If you think it is a prank by siblings or family: Ask them to tell the truth.Tell them your concern of being hacked! If they say no this may be a sign you've been hacked... but wait there are more ways to know or not!

If you share an account: See if who ever you share your account with has made any changes. If not this and you've tried both of these first two then you may have gotten hacked!

If you have gotten hacked: If no one has messed with your account, this may mean you've been hacked! If your skin was changed or your username, or possibly if something you own is gone, these are all signs that you have been hacked.
    I have not gotten hacked in Minecraft but in another game yes i have.
    These are steps that I follow, to stay safe. I posted this because I want everyone to stay safe online.
    This is not to discuss passcodes so do not do that. Ask questions about this, but ask parents or guardians questions about passcode safety. If you want to know the website for verification, ask a parent or guardian, because I may not share the name of this web. If any questions of ways that you think you've gotten hacked, be sure ti comment and I will start a conversation, and you may tell me your concern. I will help you work find out if you have gotten hacked. If what you find out means you've gotten hacked, talk to a family member or guardian, that will help you protect yourself online. Be super careful online. Study games before you type in passcodes. stay safe!!!!!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LilAdamBrooks

LilAdamBrooks Super Adam

More ways to not get hacked:

- Ignore suspicious ads (Like free money, in-game currency, games, etc.)
    These ads can be found in the internet as ads themselves, comments, videos, mails, etc.

- Hide everything you wouldn't share.
    If your using your camera (It would be better not to do so) in the internet, make sure nothing personal shows. So hide mails, pictures, paintings, and stuff that could show your personal things.

- Block the camera immediately if it turns on randomly. This could happen if your at an unusual part of the internet.

- Use seperate passwords for each account. Sure, it would be hard to remember all those passwords, but if your first account gets hacked, it wouldn't be as likely for your other accounts to get hacked.

- Pay attention to the link in the browser's search bar! If you accidentally clicked on something and get to, lets say, "Google" with one letter wrong in the link (without notice if you dont pay attention to that link), and you are requested to put in your information, this is 100% an attempt to steal your information.

- A link in the bottom left shows up when your mouse is hovering above a button that would take you to that link, so pay attention to that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. _Rondolph

_Rondolph The Bean King

Yes

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. _Rondolph

_Rondolph The Bean King

Adding on, sometimes on computers there is a green or blue dot showing when camera is being used. This will help you know when your camera is being used

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. NotInReality

NotInReality is glitching

whoa this solved a problem i didn't even know existed O-O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. _Rondolph

_Rondolph The Bean King

Another way hackers steal information is, they create fake accounts and write fake reviews, for example if an ad said:
    "Free Money! Look At Our Ratings! No Joke!" or something smarter than that, that person who created it could just be going on fake accounts and rating it by them selves. I have seen this on a website a few "people" said, "This so totally works!" "I got 100,000 (cant say the name because that's against the rules) from this!" They said this, but i showed my parent and they said, "Nothing this good is free. This is probably just a person on a bunch of different accounts saying that this works, to steal information!" So if some thing is as great as getting 5 million dollars for free, probably a hacker.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. NotInReality

NotInReality is glitching

another tip:
    there could be ads with a photo of a celebrity, a button on it, or pictures of popular websites, items, and food. I you see those kind of ads, then most of the time, these aren't actually related to the actual ad they want you to see. Normally, this is just misleading and they make money as you click on the ad. But sometimes, those misleading "ads" could be a virus, so you should look at @LilAdamBrooks tip as well.