IMPORTANT! The Sandlot will be offline for maintenance tomorrow, July 19, starting at 11 am EDT

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 18, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/th...nance-wed-july-21-starting-at-11-am-et.36552/

July 21 3:30PM ET Sandlot is now back online.
    July 21 1:20PM ET
    Maintenance is still in progress; all servers are offline.
    July 21 11:00AM ET
    Maintenance is in progress; all servers are offline.

We have been having random disconnects and problems with our internet connection on the server, so I have scheduled a technician to diagnose the problem. This requires the server to be taken offline. I do not know how long the server will be offline, as it depends on the result of the diagnosis. I will update this thread with more information when available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    • Informative x 15
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Beautiful x 1
  2. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

Thank you, c0w, for everything you do!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

This will be much appreciated all around! Thank you for taking time to do this!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ahsokatxrtle

ahsokatxrtle Never gonna give you up

Thanks c0w!! I appreciate the time you take to to this! :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. SisterRose

SisterRose She-hulk!

Thanks c0w for everything you do for the server! :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. NonoFireball12

NonoFireball12 TOO hot VIP

Thanks c0w! Your awesome, thanks for all the help!

7. LegoBoyo

LegoBoyo Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper VIP

Thank you @c0wg0d for everything you do for TheSandlot to keep it running new everyday!

8. c0wg0d

The servers will be back online shortly. Sadly, it appears our support ticket was not addressed at the scheduled time, so we will likely have to do this again.

• Informative Informative x 12
  9. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Ah that's a pain, hope they get on it soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just_Juls

Just_Juls a little strawberry <3

ok! so i was at camp all morning.. is the offline thing over now?

11. cxttoncandy

cxttoncandy slay queen Helper VIP

Yes, the servers are back at the moment; however, the crashing isn’t quite fixed yet which is why the server will likely have to go offline again some time

12. Just_Juls

Just_Juls a little strawberry <3

but is '11am' in est time zone?

13. Floofin

Floofin doesn’t know cheesecakes are real Elder Helper VIP

yes, EDT and EST are the same; c0w says 11am EDT in the title of the announcement

• Like Like x 1
  14. GrassPelt

GrassPelt Architect Elder Helper

EDT and EST are the same time zone, but some of us alternate the abbreviation depending on if daylight savings time is active or not. D for daylight savings and S for standard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

EST and EDT do not refer to the same time structure. However, many places that use EST for part of the year do change their clocks for roughly half a year to EDT for their Daylight Savings time. This is why some make the distinction between "S" or "Standard" versus "D" or "Daylight" (at least for some continental American time zones). EST is UTC -5, while EDT is UTC -4. For reference, UTC is basically a fixed reference point for time distinctions.

Okay, here is where things get even more confusing. Essentially, from what I found, Britain's equivalent to a standard time is called "GMT" or "Greenwich Mean Time", which basically follows the UTC reference point. However, they are currently observing "BST", which stands for "British Summer Time", and that time structure is the same as UTC +1.

Goodness these zones are confusing and Daylight Savings doesn't help with that. Hopefully, I didn't mess this up, but this is information I was generally able to gather.

• Like Like x 3
  16. c0wg0d

This is why I usually post times in Arizona time and let you guys figure it out, lol. We never change our clocks in Arizona and it's awesome. (Yes I'm aware of the Navajo and Hopi, I'm talking more generally.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

I miss when I didn't have to change time twice a year. :( Spent about 2/3 of my life without having it and things were just fine. :p

And you can save yourself an 's' by using the more proper Daylight Saving time, because daylight is a singular word and you only need to "save" it once. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. waseric

waseric The hidden hand Sandlot Administrator Moderator VIP

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. CupcakeRockstar

CupcakeRockstar Rockin' the Bling!

I was gonna get on today but i can wait. Luckily I have patience for things and my brothers don't lol

20. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

We are back online!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.