Java Not Working

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by ljl23, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

Ok, This should not be under bug and grief reports because one of our computers is'nt working.. just tell me if you have any solutions. The Message is "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working" Please help... or else me, sammywindsor, and micahwindsor can not play together at once... :|

2. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

3. John_Kuragin

John_Kuragin Master

If it is up to date then I would recomend that you check and see if your computer is a 64 bit or 32 bit computer and downloading the correct version of java. It helped my computer a lot when I downloaded the 64 bit one (since my computer is 64 bit).

4. SnoopyBanna

SnoopyBanna Master Helper

Actually I realized the bits that you are talking about isn't computer; it is the browser from which you download java. It won't work on Google Chrome, as that is 64 and Java needs 32. I recommend Safari, or otherwise find out what bits your browser has.

5. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

It works now, my dad found somthing with the settings of the computer. :)

6. John_Kuragin

John_Kuragin Master

No, that is why my computer had the incorrect version. I was using firefox which is 32 bit and my computer was 64 bit. a 32 bit browser works on a 64 bit computer but a 64 bit browser does not work on a 32 bit computer. A 64 bit installation of java works far better for running programs on a 64 bit computer. java is available for both types of computer. Yes... I'm a bit of a nerd. ;)

7. John_Kuragin

John_Kuragin Master

Good. I am glad to see that you got it working.

8. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Lol, we all have a nerdy side to us. ;)

9. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

Ok, now it is not working. Re-installed java... will Internet Explorer work as well to download java?