Minecraft 1.14.4 Survival Test Server available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dana325

dana325 Master VIP

Is it hard to add a horse spawn egg to the ones at spawn? would make it easier to test out :)

2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Great idea!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

So @c0wg0d is always an awesome owner and hard worker for our server, but lately, it seems like he's kicked it up to the next level! With getting the test server up and running and lots of fixes on other server features and the forums, he's been a busy bovine! (Remember he has a life and a family to take care of as well. :))

I encourage everyone to remember to give him a big "Thanks for everything you do for the server!" in threads or on his profile. Since he's a volunteer, the only pay we can give him is our appreciation! Thanks c0w! :D

P.S. Sorry if this floods your alerts c0w... but not really. ;)

A selection of my previously used c0wg0d memes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Friendly x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Beautiful x 1
  4. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Indeed, an awesome project to update the server.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. GranDan68

GranDan68 Grandest Dan of All VIP

6. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

I think the map is updated once a day. If a player goes through an area (which loads the chunks), that area will be added to the map during the next update. So, go through the blank spots and the next day they should show up on the map. (I think this is how it works.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. GranDan68

GranDan68 Grandest Dan of All VIP

Thank you. I noticed that it was not updating ‘on the fly’ like a cartographer’s map would and thought maybe I needed to carry one of those as I roamed. I do see that some places I went earlier today have now filled in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

Where is the resource world?

Lots of fun and so easy to try things you take thanks to all the help at spawn! Thank you for working on this, c0wg0d!! I hope to test it out more soon, once I’m back from my (ah, no big deal, nope I’m not excited at all) CRUISE TO BERMUDA LEAVING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. KRiskKaT

Click on one of the signs by the beacon. Have fun!!

10. Giraffon

Giraffon Legendary Helper

It might just be server performance (lag), but I'm having a hard time making claims. It doesn't always show the gold corner blocks. I keep abandoning my claims trying to reset them so I can see them, but it's real hit or miss.

• Beautiful Beautiful x 1
  11. KRiskKaT

I had that too. I still have to keep checking to see if a spot is still claimed. The sethome drifts too. I had to clear my basement.

12. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

Is the Dev world gonna get a spot in tab?

13. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Nope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. waseric

waseric The hidden hand Sandlot Administrator Moderator VIP

Claim protection... limited initial y (depth).
    This may already be expected, but I found I was able to tunnel under individual claims, including player and administrator (spawn). I couldn't make an overlapping x,z claim, because it rightly indicated it would overlap the existing claim.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere, long ago, that the plugin extends protection as you tunnel down, and therefore if you really want to protect your claim, you need to mine down to bedrock.

The behavior I observed in Dev2 is consistent with (current) behavior in Normal Survival. I tested in Normal after noticing this. I have a claim near jungle spawn (adjacent to the administrator claim). I am almost positive that in past months/years, when I was mining near spawn at very low elevations, it would stop me. I am able to mine right under it now. Perhaps behavior of the plugin has changed over time, but at least it is currently consistent between Dev2 and Normal.

15. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I remember this from our last Normal world as well. In the current Normal world, I made a point to dig to the bottom and then outline my claim at around Y:4.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FrogDistributor

FrogDistributor Master VIP

Bug:
    During a pillager raid at spawn, I was unable to kill a Vinidactor by throwing my trident while they were in a claim. The server gave me error messages like they were peaceful mobs, saying "That belongs to KyloVader99" and "That belongs to Vasiliav."

I think it's a vinidactor-specific bug, as I was able to kill pillagers with no issues in claims. They're probably registered as a peaceful or neutral mob instead of an enemy.

Also, next time there's a lightning storm, I recommend someone test channeling, specifically if the lightning can damage mobs in claims. I have a channeling trident, so if there's a storm while I'm online I'll test if it does. However, I will be gone for most of the day so I might not be online next time there is a storm.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dana325

dana325 Master VIP

oh yes, I ran into something similar over the weekend... There was a s skelliton was shooting from a claim and I was getting a 'that belongs to' message.

Also, cowgod I did ask later325 do everything he could think of to grief my claim and claim protection seemed to be working well. He couldn't place tnt, hit many different kinds of materials, open chests etc. The only trouble he got into was he tried to throw a trident and it got stuck in one of my trees and he couldn't build to retrieve it. I wonder if that might get problematic once the real server is up. Someone has a trident they really like and use it against a mob on someone else's claim and then can't get it back. I don't know what the solution would be though :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. PyroCrastinator_

PyroCrastinator_ Master VIP

Is it possible to blow things up right next to the claim and damage items in the claim? Because that could cause lots of problems if you can somebody should test that :p

19. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

doing that

• Like Like x 2
  20. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

So, I needed some jungle wood and I looked everywhere on the regular world map and all over Resource world and found no jungles. So, our Villager at spawn who sells misc. items now also sells jungle saplings. I thought you should know, @trubuhl :D:6:3::6:3::6:3::6:3:

• Like Like x 4
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1