Minecraft 1.14.4 Survival Test Server available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

Call me cynical, but I believe that Minecraft have not made such a huge update dedicated to such a random thing for no reason. It's also perfectly placed at the point where people are starting to actually panic at the alarming rates that bees are dying. So, Minecraft may use this as an opportunity to start some campaign work or charity for bees, which is a good thing! However, there must be something in it for them; that's how business works. So it's a win for everyone! The bees live, Microsoft gets a heavier pocket, and most importantly, we get to mindlessly admire and play around with bees to our hearts content. Go bees!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Funkies

Funkies The mystery continues

very relatable

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Not sure how big an issue this is, but figured I would report it anyway.

I was shooting at phantoms at spawn and starting getting "This belongs to sincere360" messages. Then I realized the messages were stuck on rapid repeat, even after I stopped shooting and I left for the resource world. A simple log off and log on fixed it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

I just don't know if I could stand another name-change!!! I think I still know you as _creed!!! (I'm teasing)

• Like Like x 2
  5. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

Aha, I'm gonna stick with Hatter, actually! So don't worry, I'll wait you you to catch up ;):p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. GemOLantern

GemOLantern Codin' Gopher Helper VIP

I remember when I said I was gonna stick with ”Meggagem”!
    How many name changes ago was that, again?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

About.. 6???

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ebsidian

Ebsidian Fantasy Writer

no affence c0wg0d but please just stick to the 1.12.2 stuff also whats that other empty portal gonna be?

9. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk Expert

Let's hope that 1.12.2 is almost dead and 1.14.4 comes to every world very soon.

Hard could easily be on 1.14.4 next month, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 1
  10. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Just a heads up, the 1.14.4 test server will be closed permanently on Oct. 26. Thank you everyone for your help with testing. Out of curiosity, does anyone that participated in playing on this server feel that it is NOT ready for any of our other worlds? I thought it seemed pretty solid except for the one issue where the builds rolled back a day (which I think was a fluke with the settings I was using to start the server).

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

WHyyyyyy! Why are you shutting it down nooooooo!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

nonononononononono

• Like Like x 2
  13. BoosieTheTiger

BoosieTheTiger Sneakin' through grass on leopard feet silently

Nooooooooooo!! It was such a fun world to play in!! :( I'm gonna miss it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Thank you for the opportunity to play with it!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. GrassPelt

GrassPelt Architect Elder Helper

I do feel it is survival ready. I didn't playtest it as much as I probably should have, but I am ready for it! 1.15 is expected to land before the December Holidays, so since we've waited this long, I wouldn't mind waiting just a bit longer to get the bugfix update.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PyroCrastinator_

PyroCrastinator_ Master VIP

to be honest I kind of want a 1.14 survival world where pvp is enabled and you have to just work to get good stuff instead of just buying it from shops and things could be an extension portal in arenas where hunger games 2 use to be. Just an idea

17. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Thanks for the suggestion.

In this thread, about the future of The Sandlot, c0wg0d mentions his preference to have fewer servers to manage. Because of this, BuildBattle, Dirtblock, and HG2 were removed.

https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/the-sandlot-in-2019-and-beyond.33608/

Also, in our experience, free PvP often leads to drama... spawn killing, players asking not to be killed, teaming against one player, etc. We don't feel that free PvP (like Factions) is a good fit for The Sandlot at this time.

I believe you could set your Creative Plot to survival and enable PvP for this sort of experience. Since you are a VIP, you could merge several plots; then you could use Global Biome to create a realistic world, where mining and crafting are possible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk Expert

Besides a few graphics glitches, it seems functional. It felt ready to go live to me.

I would suggest larger world sizes so there is more to explore (huge part of 1.14), both in the main world and resource world. The Hard server doesn't need to be bigger but it gets reset monthly whereas the other servers would benefit from longer play-ability with a larger world.

• Like Like x 2
  19. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Just a reminder, the 1.14.4 test server will be closed permanently tomorrow, Oct. 26. After the nightly restart, it will be offline permanently.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Funkies

Funkies The mystery continues

D: