My New Laptop Won't connect to the server

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by DogboyOz, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DogboyOz

DogboyOz Suspect for lying in legion patches VIP

Can someone please help me? I have all of the right infomation

2. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Are you in 1.12.2?

3. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Silly question but are you using Minecraft JAVA edition, not the new Windows 10 Minecraft? They are different games, though they look very similar...

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

what is the error message you are receiving?

5. Aridii

Aridii Ruler of Galaxies

Yes, The Sandlot does not have windows 10 compatibility, so if you are on that version of windows you won't be able to connect to the Sandlot.

6. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Hi Dylan, no that's not correct: you can play Minecraft on Windows 10 just fine. There are two different versions of Minecraft though - the Windows 10 version, and the Java version. Sandlot uses the Java version of Minecraft. You can play the Java version of Minecraft on Windows 10 just fine and connect to the Sandlot (I do). But what you can't do is connect with the other NON-Java version of Minecraft to the Sandlot. You need to download the Java version of Minecraft from Mojang.

Clear as mud? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aridii

Aridii Ruler of Galaxies

Hai, lol I'm sorry. I haven't really looked into the Java version v.s. the Windows 10 version, and I assumed that they were the same. I can understand now the versions now.
    Thanks.
    Btw, as an example, I could, say, buy a new desktop or laptop with windows 10 on it. Then, if I downloaded minecraft, it would give me the windows 10 version? And if so, I could get the JAVA version, with windows 10 still being my platform, and play sandlot?

8. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

The Windows 10 version is an app in the windows store. Regular Java Minecraft can be downloaded from the official Minecraft website. With the Java version, you can play Sandlot on a PC with Windows 10 OS.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Aridii

Aridii Ruler of Galaxies

Thanks! Now I'll know.

10. ARGreat

ARGreat Not just good. Great! Helper VIP

Ok so If you whant to play minecraft on your laptop first check your minecraft main screen the one that says multiplayer or single player. if at the bottom of the the minecraft logo it says “java edition” then you have some other problem I’ll list later. If it doesn’t say java go to this website https://minecraft.net/en-us/. now I. doing this on my ipad so it would take you to the wrong page if I sent you the download page. so first login useing your minecraft account/mojang account. then click around until you find a download for the java addition. then you can login like you did on your other computer.

If you have the right edition then you might be useing the wrong version of minecraft, so you said you put in the minecraft server IP. so if at the bottom of the sandlot minecraft server selector it says “(something bungee cord). then your useing the wrong version, if so replie to this post and I’ll explain what you need to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.