Need help from moderator

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by GeniusPhoenix, Jun 25, 2019.

1. GeniusPhoenix

GeniusPhoenix Artisan

I was in skyblocks, and I went afk to eat dinner. When I came back, My screen says I fell off the world and died. I lost diamond sword, picks, and axe (some with mending). I believe a griefer pushed me off the the edge for fun while I was afk.

Hopefully you can see who last teleported to my island, to find the culprit.

2. waseric

waseric The hidden hand Sandlot Administrator Moderator VIP

Hi @GeniusPhoenix, I'm sorry that happened. I have found over time that if I'm going to afk in skyblock, especially with gear I care about, I need to put myself in a cage safe from anything that might happen. Yes, there are absolutely people who fail to appreciate how inappropriate it is to nudge other players in skyblock. But, I've also been pushed off my island by slimes, attacked by mobs (knocking me out of the world), etc. And I'm pretty consistent about limiting how and where things can spawn on my island. It's just one of those things it's not worth risking.

-waseric

3. GeniusPhoenix

GeniusPhoenix Artisan

So your saying that you have been knocked off your island several times while afk?

4. GeniusPhoenix

GeniusPhoenix Artisan

The island is mobbed proofed (and tested). Normally I do put my items away when going afk. I've been lax about doing that lately, I guess feeling the lure of false security.

5. GeniusPhoenix

GeniusPhoenix Artisan

Since the beginning I covered up my lava for the cobble generator. For some reason I see so many people die from being burned to death. But I've never died from falling on skyblocks before. I guess I need to put up a guard rail lol.

6. waseric

Yes. And, though I have watched folks pushing my afk player around, I've also seen the other causes. It's frustrating, either way, but less frustrating to assume bad luck than to guess someone did it to me when I'm not 100% certain. And, the good news is, when making certain you leave yourself safe, it works against all threats.

7. waseric

One of my more eye opening moments was when I came back to see that a couple of baby slimes had pushed me all the way across my island, and by sheerest luck, wedged me into a corner not more than 3 blocks from the edge.

8. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

I've been pushed around by a chicken or two... @GeniusPhoenix , do you have any cage free chickens? They do totally push players off.

9. GeniusPhoenix

GeniusPhoenix Artisan

Well, unless the chickens can push me around the corner and 10 blocks to the edge, I'd say no lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

There are a few points I'd like to make regarding this post.

1. I'm sorry this happened. While we do feel it is up to the player to secure yourself while going AFK, it doesn't absolve blame from whoever did the pushing.
    2. We will try to find out which player did this and punish accordingly, but as others have stated, it's really hard to know exactly how you got pushed off the edge.
    3. I am considering disabling player collisions completely on all servers because I personally hate it (please note that I don't mean I hate when players do this for fun on servers where it doesn't matter, like the lobby, but rather when it is used as a griefing mechanism). I don't want to be the end all be all of this decision, so I may take a vote at some point. Perhaps whenever we update to 1.14.

• Like Like x 5
  11. JoeRainbow

JoeRainbow Expert

Help I was in Skyblock did /is restart on my is and now am stuck at y= -7k I can't get back or talk in chat please help!