Official Minecon 2016 Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, May 7, 2016.

1. mintyfridge

mintyfridge Master

Im going!

2. SmolJar

SmolJar obsessed with fish and axolotls

Man!!! i wish i could go

i would love to visit California
    ... i was born there
    but only stayed for 28 hours

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  3. mintyfridge

mintyfridge Master

I kept my mouse on the button until 9.00 then we pressed it so it was pretty easy

• Like Like x 1
  4. _A1sauce_

_A1sauce_ Expert

Why must everything be in California...I am so far.... xd
    Unfortunately Minecon will not be a option for me. Lol if they ever do one closer to my state, then it could be a possibility. :eek:

5. SteveTuck

SteveTuck Expert

everyone thats going to minecon get a sign with your username on it maybe ill see ya in stream!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Or where your sandlot tshirt.

• Like Like x 2
  7. oddquake

oddquake trying to be the best she can be

I might not be able to... The ones we were going after sold out in about... 0.1 seconds :eek:

8. heyypierce

heyypierce Master Helper

I wish i could go. The tickets are so much! TBH i would rather go to universal studios Hollywood, Harry Potter.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. StarWarsFan42

StarWarsFan42 Master Helper VIP

YAAASSS

also, i'll be in school at the time and my teachers would be mad if they found out i was skipping school for minecraft... hehe

• Like Like x 2
  10. cicikitty

cicikitty Animal Guardian Helper

I won't be going, my parents will never have the money for 5 tickets unless they win the lottery, not to mention the hotel fees and food and drink and gas all that would add up very quickly and we just can't afford that sadly mostly because my dad is the only one working. *sigh* but for all of you guys going I am so happy to hear that! I hope you all have fun! most likely i'll be watching livestream or other videos posted by youtubers.

• Like Like x 2
  11. hamsrus1

hamsrus1 you got to keep em moderated Moderator Elder VIP

10:58 shows a pan of the convention space... stampy does a pretty good overview of the convention hall. (minecon 2015 vlog)

• Like Like x 5
  12. Pacquiaoo

Pacquiaoo Master VIP

I am going to Disneyland around minecon time.. isn't really them same tho :O

13. forestpaw1

forestpaw1 Master VIP

Wave to us from a roller coaster! :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

is Minecon just meeting youtubers, watching people play Minecraft, and meeting with others you've met on servers? Or is there more to it? :p

Has anyone previously gone to Minecon and enjoyed it a lot? Was it worth it? I won't be going this time around but maybe next year depending on how it turned out this year. And where it's at, time and date, etc.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  15. They often announce updates talk about other minecraft developments ect.

• Like Like x 1
  16. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I added location and date to the original post in this thread.

As for what to do there, I'm curious as well. If it's similar to other conventions, I'm assuming there will be booths where servers and other large Minecraft projects can advertise and meet the community, and there will be scheduled presentations on all things Minecraft, like how to run your own server, how to make mods, how to build a community, stuff like that. I just hope there will be a lot of stuff geared toward kids, but from what I've heard, that might not be the case.

At any rate, I'm sure we'll have a better idea on what to do there when they release the schedule (which should have been out before tickets went on sale if you ask me...).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

This is pretty vague, but sums it all up:
    The last sentence implies it will be set up like last year. A simple search for videos of YouTube will help you gather a rough idea of what it is like.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

Thanks for the info. Hope everyone has a lot of fun! I bet it's hard to wait. Make sure to take lots of pictures and videos. :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. HotNate

HotNate Master

I feel your pain.

• Like Like x 1
  20. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

Just wanted to make a PSA: even if you do meet someone from sandlot, don't assume you've known them forever and give out personal info.

• Like Like x 2