RESCHEDULED - Normal Survival Community Dragon Fight on August 20!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Hello everyone!

Are you all geared up? The time has finally come to open The End in Normal Survival to defeat the enderdragon!

Join us at 2 pm Pacific/5 pm Eastern on August 20 as we open the end portal to do battle. Don't forget your arrows and ninja masks!

How do I get to the dragon fight?

We will be entering the portal found at -1266 -10 -590. To get there, take the west road from spawn to -1330 78 -579 and look for steps going downward through a cave and to the stronghold.

It is possible that we will spawn on a tiny 3x3 obsidian platform floating over the void, and if a bunch of players enter the portal at the same time, it's possible you could be pushed off. I would recommend we designate one or two scouts to go in first, and build a bridge to the main island if that is the case. You enter at your own risk.

What happens if I die during the fight?

If you die during the fight, your drops should be locked so that nobody else can pick them up. I would suggest bringing a bed and setting your respawn point to somewhere near the end portal so that you don't have to run too far to get back to the fight. The Sandlot is not responsible for replacing items lost during the fight, whether it is due to glitches, void death, or any other means. Participate at your own risk.

What should I bring?

I would recommend a bow and lots of arrows, a carved pumpkin to wear so you don't anger endermen, a bed to set your respawn location (NOT in the end of course!), empty bottles to collect dragon's breath, a water bucket to shoo away enderman if you aggravate one of them, and building blocks to make a shelter.

Does the enderdragon drop elytra like in Easy?

No. The only way to obtain elytra in Normal survival is by finding and looting end city ships.

Can I have the dragon egg?

No. A moderator will collect the dragon egg after the fight so that it can be enshrined in a communal area for everyone to see and enjoy.

Can we loot end cities?

Yes, however, I would encourage everyone to leave some shulkers alive! If anyone plans on making a shulker farm, I would recommend claiming an end city right away and protecting the shulkers there. I would also recommend looting in the resource world, rather than the normal end.

Can we respawn the enderdragon?

Yes, in fact I would encourage everyone to bring some end crystals so that we can respawn the dragon multiple times until all of the end gateways have been created. This will make it easier to explore The End in all directions.

Can we make claims in The End?

We do not allow any players to make claims on the main island, simply because it makes things too chaotic and difficult to navigate. If you are interested in transforming the main island in The End with a cool or unique build, we are open to suggestions. Post your ideas and volunteer to help here: https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/what-should-we-do-with-the-main-island-in-the-end.37589/

That being said, you are free to claim anywhere outside the main end island.

When will the The End Resource World be opened?

After we finish the dragon fighting, we will open The End Resource World for another dragon fight. This dragon egg can be looted by anyone. The resource worlds are reset monthly, so if you don't get the dragon egg, please try again next month. I would encourage players to go here to loot end cities and collect shulkers shells, rather than doing so in the main end world.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  2. MajorPowell

MajorPowell Dodging Creepers... Elder Helper VIP

Thanks, @c0wg0d! Woohoo! Looking forward to this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. KoolWhip515

KoolWhip515 Light and Fluffy!

So would i!

4. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

I won't be able to make it, can someone pick up a bottle of dragon's breath for me please? ;);)

• Like Like x 2
  5. RedLeafY

RedLeafY Generic Title

sure!

6. Disco_Duckling

Disco_Duckling Possibly A Goose

hope i make it!!!!!!!!!!!

7. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Totally stocked on bottles! I’m not a dragon slayer but I know how to get the bottles filled xd

• Like Like x 1
  8. Floofin

Floofin doesn’t know cheesecakes are real Elder Helper VIP

I might miss some/all of it :( have fun fighting the dragon!!!

9. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it...
    If anyone knows they will be there and knows how to secure (claimed, and boxed in so they can't be attacked, and disabled from teleporting) a few shulkers, I would be super appreciative if they could do that for me. If necessary I am willing to pay upwards of $500 for the service.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  10. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

I’d be willing to do this, partially because I also want to make a substantial end claim myself.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

ill be at work but have fun everyone!! :)

12. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

We'll all be out of town. Have fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I might be out of town I do not know if I will make it back in time. If anyone could claim an end city for me (preferably near end spawn) and protect the shulkers I would give them 25$(Need more than 2-3 left) or 2$ per shulker whatever was more. Edit: assuming i do not get back to claim my own.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  14. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

I'll actually be able to make it xd

• Like Like x 1
  15. c0wg0d

I am very sorry to do this to you all, but our server host is having network problems. Rather than proceeding and possibly having people die unexpectedly due to glitches, we are postponing the opening of the end, and the dragon fight. I will post a new announcement when a new date and time has been set.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. c0wg0d

The dragon fight has been rescheduled for 2 pm Pacific/5 pm Eastern on August 20. Hope to see you there!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Floofin

Floofin doesn’t know cheesecakes are real Elder Helper VIP

I’m ready for the elytras!

18. KRiskKaT

Woo! Digging the gear back out ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. KRiskKaT

The Dragon Fight was a lot of fun! Thank You to everyone for the work to get it going! and Thank You to everyone who participated and made it a great community event!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TruWolf_

TruWolf_ One Ring to Hyrule them All Elder Helper

Does anyone happen to have screenshots from the battle or the end expeditions after?

• Agree Agree x 2