Samhain Halloween Adventure Map (s-ow-en)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LifeLearner, Oct 23, 2015.

1. I like that Gold...
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." Whoo said dat?!

2. Let me guess.... Dr. Seuss! :D No? Yes? NO?! Okay. I give up... :p:p:p:p:p:p

3. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Nope, it means 'Earth, Air, Fire, Water.'
    In Japanese philosophy they acknowledge 5 elements, but my signature is referencing the Animated TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was (and still is) one of my favourite TV shows from when I was younger.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

That show it literally why I chose my username to be what it is today :p
    Anyways, lets stop derailing the thread...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

I'm so excited to try it out!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Ummm, @c0wg0d , I was transiting the dungeon earlier and, well... I never knew about your family. I'm sorry.:(

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. We all have those few shady characters in our families...;)

2015-10-24_16.56.12.png

• Like Like x 7
  7. LifeLearner

Then end was nearly in sight... and then Lord Voldemort called for his minions...

2015-10-24_16.32.04.png

• Like Like x 4
  8. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I hope we can play this map after Halloween. It is tons of fun! Thanks to everyone in on it. I have had a blast.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

the people who werent helpers just built objects. I actually dont think very many helpers helped either. Just mods.

10. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Some friends and I went on an adventure together! It was super fun!

• Like Like x 8
  11. riggs493

riggs493 Master

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! A adventure map!!!!!!!!!! YEEHAW!!!!! -dances around- YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAyYAYA! Plz use command blocks.... -crosses fingers- I AM DIEING TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. SwiftPoot

SwiftPoot Master

Hmm.... I went to the haunted house and followed the clues all the way up into the rafters in the attic... I then went back to lobby spawn to get into Samhain Nether, and it wouldn't allow me to go. Did I follow the clues wrong or somethin'?

13. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

You probably never went onto the pressure plates that give you the correct permissions to use the Nether warp sign.

14. SwiftPoot

SwiftPoot Master

Hmm... Oki

15. heyypierce

heyypierce Master Helper

So when is it over because i got to the guy in the castle and got the rewards but is there anymore? thanks in advanced!

16. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

I finished!

• Like Like x 1
  17. LifeLearner

You completed your quest at the castle. If you played early yesterday, you might want to play the map again. We added some new mobs a couple of hours after the map opened....

You could listen for new players to join The Sandlot and offer to lead them through the map. Joining a new server can be a little intimidating. This would be a great way to welcome a new player and help them feel like part of the community right away.:)

If you have a goal of opening all the costumes in Gringotts, then you can go back to the map to collect candy. You exchange the candy for gold galleons at the Weasley shop (beside Gringotts). Remember, you don't have to keep the costume in your inventory or enderchest. @c0wg0d said that once you buy it, the costume can be yours anytime you want by clicking on the sign.

We placed a LOT of candy signs in the map - more than 50. You could set a goal of finding all the candy signs without dying.:p Remember, nearly every sign with a Halloween message on it is also a candy sign. (Not the starting area signs, reward signs, trash chest signs, or disposal signs.)

There is a labyrinth beside the castle (Thanks @socrev !). It is a one-way warp. To get out, you must type /spawn. You can explore this area to see if you can find all of the rest areas. See the screenshot below; sorry about the giant bat - it would not move out of my way.)

If you just want to fight some of the different mobs, you can return to any part of the map by using the warp signs in the lobby. (You have to complete an area to return to it.) @bobandbunny and I like using the flying mobs for archery practice. Some players particularly enjoyed fighting the skeleton king over and over again.

2015-10-24_18.45.55.png

2015-10-25_09.50.23.png

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

So many cheracc costume tickets:

2015-10-25_14.23.22.png

That's 35, by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

Man! I've been with my grandmother that came up here from MS. So, idk if I'm back tomorrow or later today

20. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

That was such a fun map! Loved it. I am just awed at how creative y'all are. :) How do you get candy? Click on the sign?

Oh, one thing I learned, when you finish an area and you can trade with a villager, make sure you step on both pressure plates when leaving to get to the next area. (I think this is true for all areas, right?)

• Like Like x 1