Scheduled Downtime: Friday October 30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Oct 27, 2015.

1. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

the servers are back up. Currently there are a few minor issues that I will need to resolve:

when switching servers, you will often get a "you don't have permission for this channel" error on your first message. Just send another and it will work

if you gain a rank (or your permissions change, etc.) you will need to change servers or log out and back in to make your hover text update

I'm sure there's more. post bugs here if you find them.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SnoopyBanna

SnoopyBanna Master Helper

Thanks cheracc!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. Kayah57

Kayah57 Master

I've noticed after leaving a world, I get chat from that world, and all of the worlds I've been on, not sure why, but it is kind of annoying.

4. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Is the 'Time Played' stat time played altogether in the Lobby itself, or each server added together?

5. Kyukuro

I'm having the same problem.

6. Kyukuro

I also noticed I can't use /r unless the person I am talking to is in the same server as me. This was not the case for PhoenixKnight713, as he could use it to reply to me.

Edit - I also left skyblock and joined Semi-Vanilla,once there I could not message @zilory (I then tried others in Skyblock, I couldn't message them either.) As a result of further testing, I have found I can't message anyone.

Second Edit - Apparently I have to use /whisper and /reply (As opposed to /w and /r) which wasn't the case earlier..

So what I've gathered from this is that you have to use the full command in Semi-Vanilla, not the shortened ones (/r, /w)

7. cheracc

this should be fixed. let me know.

EDIT: nope, not fixed. if it gets too spammy for you just log out and back in. i'll find a fix soon hopefully

8. cheracc

this should be fixed too (i hope)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kyukuro

Yes, it's fixed.

10. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

Another fix is /channel (world)

11. cheracc

This does indeed work for now. Just to clarify:

If you are on Easy, do /channel easy

If you are on Creative, do /channel creative

This will put you in the correct channel and turn off the other ones. I will do some research and see if I can find a fix

12. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

I seem to have lost my helper star, (as with other helpers, I dont know if all of them) it still appears in tab though.

13. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

in hg, spectator chat looks identical to alive players, making it hard to tell who is alive

14. Kyukuro

The same happened with Elder stars. However, after cheracc's secondary (and tertiary) restart, Elders now have their stars. It may be intentional that Helpers don't have the star - Maybe something else is being added.

15. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

In hg alive players can now hear spectators

16. Greggor1000

Greggor1000 Dwarven Stonemaster Helper VIP

so i'm in hardcore and i can see chat from svs and from skyblock and i can't turn them off and i've reloged more then once

17. Kyukuro

Use /channel uhc

18. SmolJar

SmolJar obsessed with fish and axolotls

I'm so glad that you had time even for this!!! but anyways i won't be on tomorrow because i'm doing something for halloween!!! i'm going to a party and help set up for it before trick or treating so i wont be on then!!! i might come on for a party or two but i have to leave at 3:00 central time!!! at the latest!! my costume is going to be hard to do!!

19. Greggor1000

Greggor1000 Dwarven Stonemaster Helper VIP

i did :I and its still doing it

20. EnderMC__

EnderMC__ Mysterious Infiltrator VIP

whats with /channel?