Scheduled Downtime: Friday October 30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

It determines the chat channel you speak in. For example, Everyone in the channel 'UHC' would be able to speak to others in the same UHC channel. However, additional channels can be added, so there could be a 'Helper channel' where helpers can talk to one another.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EnderMC__

EnderMC__ Mysterious Infiltrator VIP

k

3. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

I had school all day

4. CATGIRLGREY

CATGIRLGREY Master

Me too... WA -cry- Everyone else doesn't... My mom doesn't even have work today!

5. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

the (maybe temporary) fix to this is that spectators can no longer join games that are in progress, and players will be kicked upon death.

6. cheracc

helper stars are fixed now too

• Like Like x 3
  7. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

Actually, I had school til 5

8. I see now c0w's just an elder, but Virge is still an Mod...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Virgeric

Virgeric Social Distancing since 1982! Moderator Elder VIP

All according to my evil plan .....

Muaa haa haa ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

@cheracc I went into every world and found that I could only hear UHc, arenas, and skyblock, and creative but not many people chatted but I think I can hear creative.

11. Gamedude3

Gamedude3 Master VIP

I'm in your same school district and I had a half day

12. HotNate

HotNate Master

Should I just stay in the lobby so i don't get glitches?

13. cheracc

The only glitch is seeing chat from other servers. It doesn't affect your ability to play and have fun. Go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Still seeing Arenas chat...even though I haven't been there today...tried /channel lobby and got lobby added, but still see Arenas.

Second note, killing spectators was necessary in HG, but is gonna really hurt the games...people don't want to stand around in the lobby.

15. Virgeric

I think the remedy is worse than the problem. It would be better to have the "streams crossing" in chat, than to have no ability for spectators to observe. People love being spectators and their inability to do this is killing HG today.

• Like Like x 5
  16. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

agreed.

17. cheracc

I have to disagree. I have been watching the player counts in the HG servers, and they are at near record high levels. I do see lots of complaining about not being able to spectate, but I am also seeing that those player are instead populating the other HG servers and bringing life to them.

I honestly believe that once the fallout from the change blows over this will have a positive effect on HG games. I would like to give it a chance to see if I'm right.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Virgeric

Sure, if that works to get HG working better it is good. I am a little concerned that any increase is just a "today" thing, but I guess in a couple of weeks we will know for sure.

19. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Reposted from a thread in SVS for @kevinaboyette

20. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

I went exploring servers with @noiseingeneral 's help to investigate the switching-servers-chat glitch....anf I can't find a pattern.

When I go from the lobby to creative, I can't see player chat until I say something. Then I see chat flowing.
    Then, after going from creative to lobby to creative to lobby to normal to lobby to parkour to like three other servers, I finally stopped seeing creative chat.

what ??