Scheduled Maintenance: Monday, March 30th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 25, 2015.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Beginning at approximately 10pm Arizona time and extending until about 2am the following morning, all servers will be unavailable while updates are performed.

To find the time in your timezone, see here: http://everytimezone.com/#2015-3-30,-420,cn3

The entire server will be unavailable. The maintenance will consist of security updates for the underlying OS and a new permissions system for all servers. This is a substantial update and there are likely to be residual permissions problems after the updates are completed. Please bear with us as these are worked out.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• Like Like x 7
  2. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

I've noticed that the pace of updates has increased significantly. Is this making up for cheracc's prior busyness, or is there some other cause?

3. c0wg0d

It's a combination of cheracc being too busy in the past to do common maintenance, Spigot updating to 1.8 recently, Mojang switching from usernames to UUIDs, and me being a zealous new admin. :)

• Like Like x 14
  4. SantaFeRailroad

A zealous new admin who doesn't get enough sleep....

• Like Like x 6
  5. ThePuzzler13

ThePuzzler13 Master

Why put it up for maintenance?

6. c0wg0d

What do you mean?

• Like Like x 1
  7. StarWarsFan42

StarWarsFan42 Master Helper VIP

He's wondering why you have to put it down, like what stuff your doing etc.

8. Aerazykil

Aerazykil Master Elder VIP

Parents who like minecraft too = need less sleep
    But you kids need to focus on homework and sleep before minecraft.
    Just thought i should add that bit.

9. Aerazykil

i can has questions?
    Is this 1.8 spigot update or 1.8.3?
    Besides the Permissions, what else may be upgraded (Elder Guardians, Wet Sponges, gates)?
    Is there anything we should look for as far as permissions?

10. c0wg0d

Nope, this is another one of those "boring" things for you guys, but something that will (hopefully) make my life a lot easier and make weird permission bugs come to an end. There won't be any other changes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hoverflier

Hoverflier Master Helper VIP

c0w how do you update the server does cheracc give you access to the actually server computer or can you do it all from inside the server?

12. c0wg0d

Yes, there is no way I could do all this from inside the game. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aerazykil

Unfortunately 00JQ has figured out how to do it from inside the game though.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TrueVioletMU

TrueVioletMU Adept

Thanks c0wwy ^^! I dont really mind that there wont be many changes because honestly I like the sandlot the way it is now. But then again yes you do need things to be ALOT easier on you according to your sleeping lack of it and the fact that c0ws need alot of sleep and gods need like.. ten times more than that xd

15. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

I thought g0ds don't need sleep? So balance that with being a c0w and he should be getting just enough. ;) More than me anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TrueVioletMU

TrueVioletMU Adept

well they say they dont but when nobody is looking they sleep. dont ask how i know.. its not like i am at all related to jesus or something.. heh.. hmm.. xd

17. SantaFeRailroad

I guess magnanimity runs in the family with that eh?

18. GrassPelt

GrassPelt Architect Elder Helper

Boring? Almost anything computerized can't be boring can it? :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. TrueVioletMU

TrueVioletMU Adept

have you forgotten about the one thing those humans.. those.. people who go to school and live and eat and drink foods.. they come on computers to entertain themselves. but fear not. I am the next generation of human computer addicted cookie eating zombies. and i will hypnotise you all to do my evil bidding! (aka bring me cookies) LPSmasterHill shall rule by my side. if she gives me a cookie. (thats just an example of how much people love computers and technology) no its not its a fact! #LapTopZombie. Coming to a theatre near you. >:)

• Like Like x 2
  20. c0wg0d

Well after a super awesome fun 6 and a half hour maintenance spree, I am done for the evening (or day, however you want to say it...).

As I said before, I completely overhauled the permissions system. I can almost guarantee that some things will be broken. I already know that VIP is not completely working right for everyone, and the Jobs ranks don't show on easy, and I will fix those later today. There will probably be many players complaining. If you are a responsible forums poster, I would love it if you could help the younger players by posting in the bug forums any issues that they (or you) are having.

I will be going to sleep now, and I will be around off and on for a good portion of tomorrow to fix issues that arise. Please bear with me as we make it through this. In the end, our permissions should be much smoother and streamlined, and this was the last big push we needed as far as "boring" backend admin type stuff, so now we can start doing more fun things! But not for a while, I need a break! :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 7