Scheduled Maintenance: Tonight

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, May 20, 2016.

1. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

why remove horse keep

2. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

@c0wg0d Could you post a chat notice in Easy and SVS so players know they cannot tp horses any more. Some don't read forums and they will be sad if they don't know.

It was buggy and caused problems.

3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

LWC has been updated on Easy, Hardcore, Skyblock, and SVS. You can now lock all door types, all fence gate types, brewing stands, armor stands, minecarts with chest, and minecarts with hopper.

For entities like armor stands and minecarts, when you do /cprivate and it says to left click, you actually have to right click.

Let me know if you have any issues with these new protections, or with any existing ones suddenly not working (preliminary tests were fine, so I think we are good to go).

Also let me know if there are any other blocks that you think should be protected. I don't think it's necessary to lock crafting tables or enchantment tables. If someone steals your lapis while you are enchanting, call a moderator.

4. fuzanglong

fuzanglong Adept

Yay

5. Well then hopefully you learned that Nero DIDN'T fiddle as Rome burned. First, the fiddle wasn't around then, it would have had to be a cithara. Second, Nero wasn't in Rome when the fire started, and actually rushed to Rome to supervise relief. But afterwards, he built his Golden Palace where the fire cleared some land, and people started suggesting he had something to do with the fire.

• Like Like x 3
  6. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I also updated the cooldowns plugin we use on Creative, SVS, and Hardcore. I'm pretty sure Hardcore is still broken with the 1 hour cooldown, but let me know if Creative or Easy are having any issues with cooldowns.

7. Gamedude3

Gamedude3 Master VIP

Thanks c0w! One question - Since we can't teleport horses, what happens if we loose our horse?

8. pizzadog2

pizzadog2 It's-a pizza time! Helper VIP

I'm afraid we would have to go out on foot and find them

• Like Like x 1
  9. The same thing that happens on any other server with a loose horse...it slowly wanders away and is later found somewhere in the nether. Now, if you meant lose a horse, pizza's nailed it. To show my age, you run "calling Wildfire"...preferably in a snowy biome, while it's snowing...

On a more serious note, it is possible that @c0wg0d has equipped all the horses with LoJack (the stolen horse recovery system), which means the mods MAY be able to let you know where your horse is, but we'll have to see what he says.

• Like Like x 5
  10. LifeLearner

Ugh, you did not just stick that 1975 song in my head.o_O You are a cruel tiger, @JackenKracken!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gamedude3

Gamedude3 Master VIP

Ok thanks guys!

12. mintyfridge

mintyfridge Master

Thats mean! :p

13. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

But what if you been through the desert on a horse with no name? What then?

Now about this horse LoJack... @Little_Maki was very sad that she could no longer summon her prized steed :(

• Like Like x 2
  14. The plug-in will soon be replaced with the "Horse Uber(tm)" program. Horses, when you need them, not when you don't! JK...or, should I say, jk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LifeLearner

:eek:

16. Xovyota

Xovyota Has A Creative Title

Nice. Life just got another 1970s song stuck in my head. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  17. Emilo_Elmo

Emilo_Elmo Meow? Meow?

i play hide and seek with my friends! and thanks c0w!

• Like Like x 1
  18. GrassPelt

GrassPelt Architect Elder Helper

I'll drive my Chevy to the levee and summon a rain storm, so the levee is not dry :p.

• Like Like x 2
  19. HotNate

HotNate Master

I was thinking about the nether fortress and that when you update you get random guardian spawns without the temple. What if when you updated it moved the location of the nether fortress to somewhere without one?

20. But no one finds magma cubes or blazes which would theoretically mean we would find blazes in random places.