Semi-Vanilla Survival has been updated to Minecraft 1.8!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Apr 22, 2016.

1. EnderMC__

EnderMC__ Mysterious Infiltrator VIP

2. Alectrisity

Alectrisity Apprentice

How does the golden shovel pet protection work?

3. Only claim not pet. (unless someone got a new plugin)

4. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

The plugin (when I update it to a newer version) will protect your pets from (nearly) all damage, whether they are inside one of your claims or not. Right now, the plugin will only protect your animals if they are inside your claim.

5. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

Can we have pets only protected on our own plots @c0wg0d on SVS? Otherwise it makes things way to Easy. If you don't want your pets harmed, just leave them on your plot. If you take them exploring with you, then you should have some danger associated to that in svs IMHO.

Oh, and Razzle Dazzle shops sells insurance to cover your pets for when you do take them on dangerous missions with you. ")

• Like Like x 1
  6. bizarr0

bizarr0 Master Moderator Elder VIP

I'm covered by Razzle Dazzle Insurance until 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dotted_

Dotted_ Master Helper

Whoop Whoop!

• Like Like x 1
  8. c0wg0d

Was it like this before? I thought pets were always protected no matter where they were.

9. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

Yes all pets were protected everywhere, but that is the point, way too easy. Good for the Easy server, but for SVS, they should only be protected on your claim. If you take them out to play elsewhere, then you take some risk.

I was thinking only environmental damage, not damage from players...

• Like Like x 1
  10. pizzadog2

pizzadog2 It's-a pizza time! Helper VIP

This took more of my attention than the announcement itself thread. Lol, just kidding! ^^
    Most importantly, Thank you so much for updating, c0w! I really appreciate it, and all of the hard work that you did for the Sandlot!

11. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

@birdguy_gaming reported that a horse belonging to a friend, on the friend's claim, took damage when he accidentally hit it.

Is this how the pet plug-in is supposed to work?

Are trusted players viewed like the owner, by the plug-in, on claims where they are trusted?

12. birdguy_

birdguy_ Master VIP

13. SmolJar

SmolJar obsessed with fish and axolotls

lol look at my new message

14. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I am so incredibly thankful for this update that im going to go throw away all my gold into lava!
    jk

But really thank you so much c0w for making all of this possible and being such a good admin on this beautiful server.

15. c0wg0d

I have updated the claims plugin to the latest version. I believe this issue should be fixed now. Let me know if there are still issues. Also it took me FOREVER to find this post. I remembered that someone had the issue, but no idea where they posted about it. I had to check Get Help, Semi-Vanilla forum, Bug Reports, then finally I remembered it was here in Announcements. For ANY bug reports, please use the Bug Report forum. Thank you! (This is not a jab at you @LifeLearner, I just want it to be known that my memory isn't that great, and I use the Bug Report forum as a to-do list, any thing posted anywhere else is likely to be forgotten! This includes PMs!)

• Like Like x 1
  16. c0wg0d