Semi-Vanilla Survival Reset: September 3rd

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

I want to donate!!

2. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I've never played semi-vanilla. Maybe I will try it out a couple days after it resets. Maybe I'll like it...

(Maybe I should try it on the 5th to celebrate my personal 3-year Sandlot anniversary! :O I should do that!)

• Like Like x 3
  3. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

Could you also shorten the /lobby and /hub cool-down?

4. pizzadog2

pizzadog2 It's-a pizza time! Helper VIP

I believe that this is here to keep the difficulty harder in the case of someone does /lobby to escape monsters or death

• Like Like x 4
  5. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

If the world is 10K x 10K does that make the Nether just 1250 blocks square? That could make things a little cozy for those of us that like to set up home there... ???

6. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

TWO MORE DAYS! :D:D:D

Historically whenever our overworld has had a border, the nether has still usually been infinite (because the nether world file takes up a lot less HD space per chunk). But I suppose you would still need to setup a home point on the overworld side. I suppose you could claim a small chunk on the border, and the corresponding chunk on the nether side, and build a rail to a nether-home further out. Or see if @c0wg0d has the ability and inclination to enable home points in the nether?

• Like Like x 2
  7. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

You can already /sethome in the nether, it has worked fine throughout the existing map. But my question is, if your home is at (say) 2000,2000, where in the overworld will a portal link to?

8. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

Oh? It didn't work the last time I tried, but that may have been years ago in the previous SVS map.

I believe, if there is no existing portal close enough for it to link to, it should create one as close as it can get within the world border. So like if you go 50,000 x 50,000 blocks northwest in the nether and make a portal, it should generate and link to one in the far northwest corner of the overworld map within the border. However it would be a one-way trip, going back through would land you somewhere else.

At least this is how it worked for me in old SVS and in factions.

• Like Like x 2
  9. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

As @Indrichi mentioned is how it should be working in the new SVS too. We will have no border on the Nether to my knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Each world has a border to prevent map sizes getting out of control.

Overworld - 12,000 x 12,000
    Nether - 7,000 x 7,000
    End - 7,000 x 7,000

If you place a portal at the edge of the border in the nether, it will adjust the location in the overworld so that it remains inside the border.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

I think I'll be able to attend. :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. piegosaurus

piegosaurus aesthetic Helper VIP

I also think I'll be able to make it... Super excited!:)

13. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I usually really don't like resets, but this is actually a good opportunity for me to start out with everyone else. I don't play SVS at the moment, but now I am planning to. :)

I am so glad I saw that part of the post.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I_Awesome

I_Awesome Expert

what time is the reset

• Like Like x 1
  15. Current planned time is 10AM MST, which is 10AM PDT, 11AM MDT, Noon CDT, 1PM EDT and 6PM BST...if I'm counting right. For those in other time zones, it will be at 1700 GMT/Zulu...convert as needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  16. GREBENOTS

GREBENOTS Master VIP

I think mountain time is 1 hr ahead of pacific, 1 hr behind central, and 2 hrs behind eastern time. MST is generally only observed during the fall and winter.

17. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Don't forget sleep, c0wbellie. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Except that Arizona doesn't recognize Daylight Saving Time...

(Drops the mic...)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

For players in the UK (Like myself), it will be 6:00pm. We're currently using BST (British Summer Time)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.