Semi-Vanilla Survival Reset: September 3rd

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

If you noticed that when the current SVS reset the live map was started and only showed the area of the map that was explored. (The rest was all black) I really liked that part as it was easy to see the areas that had not been explored yet. I suggest doing the same for the new SVS @c0wg0d.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aerazykil

Aerazykil Master Elder VIP

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. hamsrus1

hamsrus1 you got to keep em moderated Moderator Elder VIP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 27
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Very nice! My socks don't look like that, but everything else is spot on :p

• Like Like x 5
  5. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

Actually the initial map was all filled, pregenerated and visible on the livemap for a little bit before the world actually went live. Then after a few days the border was expanded and that part was not pregenerated. (My old computer did NOT enjoy generating the new chunks out on the frontier). The site of my arena was right on the western edge of the original border. Not sure how long it was after that when cheracc decided to remove the border entirely.

6. trubuhl

I'm not sure that is 100% settled but I think it's likely to be about 10k x 10k, not too different from the current Semi-V borders on the live map. Should be plenty of room really, especially with the Frontier around.

Really the new semi-V will be very, very like the old Semi-V except with 1.10 stuff, cool new spawns... and something different.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Indrichi

Now you're just teasing.

• Like Like x 6
  8. trubuhl

Hmm Indrichi my recollection of the start of current Semi-V is that the livemap became visible as it was explored. I remember because I helped fill in the black parts. Or are you perhaps referring to the Previous Semi-V? Or am I missing something?

9. the_new_bo

the_new_bo Hero

Cant Be True.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

I'm super excited about this. Thank you, Cow! And would you consider using a plugin with Region Posts? It makes it much easier to get around to visit people on a large server. Basically, there are region posts every 400 blocks or so. You can't TP to an unnamed, unused region, just one named/occupied. So, if you want to go out into the wilds, you gotta walk. But once an area is settled and the region post named, people can visit by Tp'ing to the post and then walking to the person's area. It still keeps the server close to vanilla, but let's people get around a bit easier. Please just consider it, @c0wg0d ! And thanks for doing this reset. I had better get to filming and screen-shot-ing my area to preserve it. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Indrichi

A much smaller, center portion of the map was pregenerated, and the black parts were filled in by explorers after cheracc expanded the border. It didn't start out as all black, because I remember looking at it before the map went live.

• Like Like x 2
  12. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

That was because the mods explored it to get resources for the spawn.

13. Ildaktekh

Ildaktekh Is very Stev!

By The Way c0w, Good Job on 3 years!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Indrichi

Lol nonono, that was an even smaller portion. Like really small. I was among those gathering resources and building spawn. After we were finished building it, there was a fairly larger portion of the map available for viewing on the website before the grand opening.

15. Indrichi

But it's really not that big of a deal, guys

16. Gigithepuppy

Gigithepuppy Master

Lol hams good job:) made me laugh :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Allow me to add that almost no resources are being used from the new SVS world for spawn construction. The Moderator Team and its allies is using a pre-start Resource World to source supplies. This RW will also reset for the opening of SVS. Minor exploration of the new SVS is all that has occurred, with almost no changes or mining.

I can assure you of this because I made a mistake and sourced some materials from the new SVS, instead of the RW. SVS Ranger Hamsrus1 was quickly on the scene to stop my digging. As a punishment, I had to spend time in RW getting replacement materials and then restoring the main world location. You can't tell that I was ever there.

• Like Like x 11
  18. CommanderUltra

CommanderUltra Artisan VIP

I'm a "Little" upset that its restarts but I'm willing to help. Like help build spawn in SVS when it restarts, or you guys / gals got it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

This is sad but exciting at the same time I would be happy to donate materials once I get them :)

20. CraftyGirl05

CraftyGirl05 Baking Geeks

Oh yeah! Sorry! Obviously. Psh. Of course. I obviously knew you were going to say that. ;) But yeah, of course we will! With more people, perhaps? Just an idea! :p

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.