Skyblock 1.8 Test Server Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 14, 2015.

1. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

I'll check it out too.

2. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I tested a variety of villager trades. The only one that no longer worked was the charcoal trade. On current SB, even though I don't see an emerald in the trade window, I can get one by clicking the window where it would appear. On test SB, this no longer works. It would be nice if 1.8 would accept charcoal as coal for trading.

I was excited to see new trades for rotten flesh and string.

Neither of my obsidian generators worked - redstone or string - as I expected. So, we will benefit from villagers who trade obsidian. They may exist, but I did not see any in my village. My other machines seemed to work as normal.

I repaired a pickaxe on an anvil for many less levels than on current SB, so that was exciting!

On my island menu, I "did not have access" to see the island level.

Thanks for all of your work on this server!

3. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Here is a list of all the villager trades as of 1.8

[​IMG]

None of them sell obsidian, though :/

4. GrassPelt

GrassPelt Architect Elder Helper

Hmm... apparently you do not take fall damage on the islands in the test server? not sure if anyone noticed this. ( I take this back. I do not take fall damage on any islands except my own. Was not able to take damage on my own island until I changed the biome)

also noticed that mobs don't blow up the island in the current server, but do in the test server. you are unable to blow up other player's islands by creepers, but are able to with your own?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  5. GrassPelt

Another interesting tidbit. I am able to set my island warp location to spawn or any other island.

Am unable to build beyond my island border

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  6. GrassPelt

Switched my biome to the nether and got a unusually high spawn rate of zombie pigman. 25 of them spawned on one little area. Unless i'm not in the nether often enough, I normally only see no more than 10 at a time

7. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

If you look at the E: line on your F3 screen when in the nether, it's normally anywhere between 40 and 80, they're just scattered throughout the 16x16 (i think?) chunk area centered upon where you are standing. When in skyblock, it still attempts to create roughly the same amount of mobs, but with far less spawnable spaces available, and a lack of light does not hinder the spawning of pigmen whatsoever.

So if you have a small platform far enough from where you are standing and you change the biome to nether, be prepared for a highly dense population of pigmen.

8. GrassPelt

Ok cool. so it wasn't a bug then. Guess you do learn something new everyday.

9. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

The fall damage thing is for me too.

10. Rif_TheMom

Rif_TheMom Adept Elder

First test from Rif:

Ok so this is a clone of the other server.

This is some weird stuff that happened when I tried warping somewhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I tried falling off your cacti growing farm, c0w and didn't die..... or take damage. It was very high up. I was able to jump onto the neighboring island (WeRtheBoldys) from your island c0w - which should have killed me. I was able to get back to your island through a series of extremely high falls.

Then suddenly, other players showed up who didn't click on the testing skyblock sign. They were talking to me from the regular skyblock, somehow. (Margiepoo has told me the chat is shared)

11. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

cebunn was added to my island with all permissions enabled. I did not invite him.

12. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

That could be a residual bug from when island configs were messed up and Skyblock was "broken". Were you able to successfully kick them?

13. HotNate

HotNate Master

On me skyb it did not have the restate cooldown or biome change cooldown. Not that I mind :)
    Edit: meant restart

14. SantaFeRailroad

Yes.

15. SantaFeRailroad

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I do not recall it ever having a cooldown for that.

16. HotNate

HotNate Master

I tried on the real skyb and it had a 5 minute cool down for restart

• Like Like x 1
  17. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

I cannot find the sign for the test server can someone take a screenshot of where it is?

18. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

It is the nether portal behind the "Sandlot" letters to the left of cheracc's statue.

19. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

It's on the back of the cheracc statue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CTBswag

CTBswag Novice