Skyblock 1.8 Test Server Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 14, 2015.

1. CTBswag

CTBswag Novice

How long do we need to wait before we will be able to log on to the server?

2. JessicaBP

JessicaBP Master VIP

Creepers blow up my stuff. I don't know if this is new update or a bug.

3. JessicaBP

JessicaBP Master VIP

On the test skyblock server.

4. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Either you're a masochist... or we're all sadists.

5. SantaFeRailroad

There is a post about this in the sky block forum, so I'm assuming it is intentional.

6. DragsNation

DragsNation Artisan

I am able to use Ender Chests on my island, but if I go to someone else's island, I am unable to open their Ender Chest to access my items.

7. SmolJar

SmolJar obsessed with fish and axolotls

wow I dident know about this... I GOTTA go check this out!

8. StarWarsFan42

StarWarsFan42 Master Helper VIP

Here's a biggie, you don't take damage when you fall. :eek:

9. SantaFeRailroad

I do.... Also, I seem to recall some issues with this on sky block before. Memory fails me tho

10. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Guys, I have made some changes that I'd like you to test.
    • Creepers should only blow up blocks on your own island if they are targeting you or one of your island members. Please go to another island and try to have a creeper blow up and see if it does damage to their island. It should not.
    • You should be able to pick up items on other people's islands now.
    • You should now take fall damage on other people's islands.
    • You should be allowed to drop items from your inventory on other people's islands now.
    I have also updated the skyblock test server to use the new permissions system and updated chat plugin that will go into effect across all servers next Monday. I don't think VIP stars/helper stars will show up in chat currently, but give that a try. Also try all of the following and report back, because there's a good chance that I broke private messaging:
    • Send a PM to someone on skyblock test
    • Have them send you a PM back
    • Send a PM to someone on a different servers
    • Have them send you a PM back
    • Try chatting normally
    • Try using /me if you are a VIP
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. margaritte

margaritte Master VIP

• Creepers should only blow up blocks on your own island if they are targeting you or one of your island members. Please go to another island and try to have a creeper blow up and see if it does damage to their island. It should not. Creepers did not blow up on other's islands. They did this endless hissing, but never exploding thing. However, other mobs can damage me, and I can't damage them at all. That bothers me a lot.
    • You should be able to pick up items on other people's islands now. Check
    • You should now take fall damage on other people's islands. Check
    • You should be allowed to drop items from your inventory on other people's islands now. Check
    • Send a PM to someone on skyblock test. Check
    • Have them send you a PM back Check
    • Send a PM to someone on a different servers Check
    • Have them send you a PM back Check
    • Try chatting normally Seems fine
    • Try using /me if you are a VIP No star, no /me access :( Also, hunger did not regen at spawn, should it?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  12. c0wg0d

No, hunger should not regen.

The vip star and permissions will be fixed on Monday.

You should be allowed to kill monsters on other's islands after tonight's restart.

Thanks for testing!

• Like Like x 2
  13. LegoBoyo

LegoBoyo Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper VIP

well u cant open other players stuff should we keep that bug when players cant pick up other players stuff or not (legoboyos point of view no).

14. PeliSwan

PeliSwan Adept

I have been on someone else's island before but never had my own island. Which = newbie, which means I give you a newbie's perspective. So just now I got my own island in test Skyblock.

To start off, when I did /is and I clicked on the sign (in my inventory), no help comes up. In the message saying I didn't have access it said to do /help, but that didn't work either. I thought maybe it only works when on the island so I created my island. There was a sign in my chest but no help is linked to it? I realized later that at spawn I could get help doing /is help. But the original info in my inventory said to click on the sign or do /help. In the help there is sometimes a question mark in the text which is confusing. Anyway why have a sign in the inventory which doesn't work.

On the wall at spawn it says do /is to tp to my island but in fact it is /is h?

I now realize that my problems were mostly not knowing to do *island* or *is* in the commands. I finally did see that at the top of the help but maybe it could be posted clearly somewhere when first coming in? For those like me who didn't read thoroughly as well as those who can't get to help. :)

When I broke the chest to move it, I lost items. I discovered my lava was gone, so needed to reset. When I tried to do so, it said there were other members (one, CoalSeeker) that would first need to be removed. I had not allowed any members so that was a surprise. :)

Hope this info from one who didn't already have an island in the regular SB helps. Thanks for all you do!

• Like Like x 1
  15. notchcraft360

notchcraft360 Master

I will try to make a house at spawn :p

16. JessicaBP

JessicaBP Master VIP

On the real skyblock I can't open my own chests.

17. c0wg0d

Please post a new thread in the bug forums with the coordinates of your island.

18. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

c0wg0d
    Not sure if this is related to the problem I had on regular skyblock. But went I went on test for the first time, it put me on island that was already started, but mine! I was with GBlaze01, but never met or permed this person. Anyway, after 3 island restart and removing their perms, it finally went back to regular start island for me.

19. c0wg0d

Yeah, unfortunately these are residual problems that are going to come up from that span of time where island properties were changed while the plugin was "broken". I can always fix them manually too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

Ok, just so you have the heads up my island may be a problem child in the future!

Thanks for all your help in getting my regular island restored last night :D