The official response on Factions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, May 25, 2015.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

The Factions server on The Sandlot was a real test for the Sandlot community. I think overall, it didn't work out. I know many of you loved Factions, and many are curious why there has been no official announcement on its future.

I and the mod team are working very hard to make Sandlot the best family-friendly Minecraft server it can be, and we all feel that our time is much better spent bringing you fun elsewhere instead of trying to resurrect Factions and turn it into something that can work better for our community instead of being a constant source of drama and bad behavior.

That doesn't mean that there will never be another game like it on Sandlot, it just means that for the time being, we are too busy to plan an entirely new game and all the intricacies that such an endeavor mandates.

We all hope you have fond memories of Factions on Sandlot, and that you can understand our decision.

The Factions sign will be removed in the lobby, and the Factions entry will be removed from the tab list.

You can download the old Factions map here: http://www.sandlotminecraft.com/maps/Sandlot_Factions_2015-03-31.zip

• Like Like x 26
  2. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

c0w I understand and I hope everyone else does. One question: Maybe there could be one day this week where factions would be open for a "Farewhell party"

• Like Like x 2
  3. thegirlz

thegirlz Novice

Hi. Ishiefishie's sister here. I told her and she said "don't care, I'm fine with it, don't even play there anyways"

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I don't think anything like that is needed. I think we need to just let it go, and start afresh.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kayah57

Kayah57 Master

Thanks for the announcement. I understand why factions was closed and why it would be hard to reopen.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    - Kayah

• Like Like x 1
  6. zxmonster

zxmonster Everything! Helper

D: I mean, its sad, but I know its nececary.

7. RedRedux

RedRedux Master Helper

What about the old factions list on tab, it has not been removed. Just asking since Albinia wanted me to.

8. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

c0w said it will be, not that it has.

9. Kyukuro

Right here:

10. Darth_Pink

Darth_Pink Master

Thanks for the world download. Now it can be used for various reasons! :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Darth_Pink

Darth_Pink Master

Looking at the world after playing from a birds-eye view... We players really sapped the world of everything and tore the factions world down, and never built it back up. It is nice looking through the savage Vortex base. If I manage to find my Legendary Feyrful Blade (Passed through more hands then I can count) I will host a party, maybe.

12. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

.....I had that on me the last time i played factions... hehe

13. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

Off topic: How do I put the factions map in minecraft?

14. Darth_Pink

Darth_Pink Master

Aww darn it!

15. Wodddie

Wodddie Weird Science! Helper

I support your guys' choice. Factions was fun while it lasted :)

16. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

he didn't tell me that part when he read me the initial message :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. thebrave124

thebrave124 Craftsman

This is very sad. Factions was my favorite server. Although I greatly agree that it needs to go. Factions destroyed the sandlot and made many people quit. There was simply too much drama. We will just have to get over it and wait until the sandlot adds a new game, whether soon or later.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pink, a consideration is that some parental control software will limit or block web searches. Thus, the request is not unreasonable. The response was a little snarky for The Sandlot, IMHO.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Kyukuro

Download the save file, and save it somewhere where you can access it easily. (Like the Desktop) Right-click on the file, and find an option to 'Extract files'
    Then, once that is done, drag the correct file into your Minecraft save file folder, found in your .minecraft folder.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thanks, Kyukuro. I learned something with that, and it was much simpler and clearer than a web search result. It was also family friendly, unlike many search results.

• Like Like x 4