Trouble logging in - after being on vacation for just over a week

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by MehrCraft, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

I came back from vacation and I can no longer login to the server.

Symptoms:

• Says "Logging in..." for 5-30 seconds.
    • Then it says "Connection Lost / Disconnected".
    • During one of the attempts the error message was different, saying that the authentication servers were down.

Background:
    • This problem is specific to The Sandlot. I have no problem connecting to other servers.
    • I am not sure if it is relevant but just in case... I normally play Skyblock.
    • I see the Sandlot connection information in my server list. Ping is good. I see players join and go as the player count goes up and down.
    • I am on Minecraft 1.12.2.
    • I changed absolutely nothing from before and after my vacation.
    Any idea of what could be going on, why does it affect only me, and how to fix it?

2. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

Hi Mehrcraft,

I'm in the lobby, having logged out in Creative, but can't get into Skyblock. So I guess Skyblock is down. If your IP address login takes you somewhere other than Skyblock (I always have mine connected to SVS), try that to confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARGreat

ARGreat Not just good. Great! Helper VIP

Did you try, #1 restarting minecraft(closing minecraft and reopening it from the launcher)#2 powering of your computer? I run into an issue like this if i leave minecraft open in the server list for a while normally a day.

Edit from what sdmelder said it seems skyblock is down. There was probably some small issue and will hopefully be up soon. I can’t be sure that is the problem though. To avoid this problem c0wg0d recommends that you log out in the lobby.

Welcome back from vacation!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

ARGreat, can you get onto Skyblock? I can't...

5. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

Hey guys. I've had the problem @MehrCraft discribes 2 times. Both times, I was automatically logged out of skyblock because I was afk at the time of the server restart (instead of warping to the lobby and logging out there, which is the suggested protocal for leaving the sandlot server). Both times the skyblock server failed to restart properly. Both times I had to wait until @c0wg0d was able to restart the server. I did try to log on to sandlot via the lobby's IP address, but was unsuccessful. I read in some posts that this could cause serious problems if you did not directly log out from the sandlot lobby... after getting in to the sandlot. Let me find that important thread (that includes major consequences and big work for c0wg0d).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

http://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/not-being-able-to-log-in.31590/#post-294790

@LifeLearner says this:

"Direct connection is not a preferred option. It is the last-ditch option.

If this method does get you onto Sandlot, immediately go to the lobby and log off. Try to relog using the server address: server.sandlotminecraft.com."

@c0wg0d says this:

"IP addresses can change, whereas server.sandlotminecraft.com will always remain the server address. Additionally, connecting via direct connect using the IP address will store your connection as a second entry in our routing system, and if you log off somewhere that is eventually shut down, you won't be able to get back on again unless I close all servers and manually update the config to place you back in the lobby."

P.S. I logged out in the lobby last night. I was able to get into dirtblock and SVS, but not skyblock.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ARGreat

ARGreat Not just good. Great! Helper VIP

I cant play right now but I’m sure it would be the same problem. However I logged out in Dirtblock so I can probably can try later

• Like Like x 1
  8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Skyblock is back online now. Sorry for the downtime!

• Like Like x 5
  9. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

My thanks to everyone. After the workday was over I logged in fine. c0wg0d's restart took care of it.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.