Unable to purchase renewal

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by SprainedOne73, Mar 9, 2017.

1. sprainedd

sprainedd Not broken! Elder Helper VIP

I canceled my old VIP subscription in PayPal, but I am unable to purchase the new renewal. When I click <Buy> there is a message that says you are not allowed to buy this.

2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I'm looking into this.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  3. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Hi c0wg0d,
    same thing happened to me - cancelled subscription, clicked to purchase the $5.95, same message as SprainedOne73.
    Thanks.

ps Congrats on your new role as owner. Very grateful to Cheracc and the entire Sandlot community for creating such a safe and friendly minecraft community.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  4. c0wg0d

The issue is that I changed the payment gateway, so it's treating all purchases as new. You can only purchase the $5.95 renewal package if you have already purchased the $15 first month package. I'm working with their support to see if there's any way to fix this. I'll keep you posted whenever there is new information.

5. zilory

We already purchased the first month package back when Cheracc was owner - before the switch to the subscription model. I remember this was also an issue then when Sandlot switched to the subscription model. Cheracc had to do something back office so the subscription could go through.
    Thanks.

6. zilory

Hey c0wg0d,
    I was able to purchase the $5.95 subscription.

At first the links in the sidebars boxes did not work - the boxes labeled "featured package" under the boxes that are titled "server status" and "free sticker".

What did work was to click the "sandlot vip" link located on the inner scrollable page, right next to the word " HOME" and above the word "welcome.

However, now that I look again it seems like the links that did not work before now look like they can work. I don't know if you managed to fix it on your end or if subscribing via the "sandlot vip" link allowed the other link to now function correctly.
    Anyway, thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. c0wg0d

That's great news! I didn't change anything on my end, but maybe the store was able to fix it on their end. @SprainedOne73 can you try again and let me know if it works for you now?

• Like Like x 2
  8. zilory

SprainedOne73 might try via the sidebar box labeled "featured package" first. If that does not work try the second way via the "sandlot vip" link as described in the earlier post. that way you can find out if the link was fixed or if it looks like it will work now only because I successfully subscribed via the "sandlot vip" link.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Based on my testing:
    If you to go to "Become a VIP" and just try to click on the "Featured Package $5.95 Renewal," it is not going to recognize you as a VIP because it doesn't know yet who you are (unless you are still logged in from a previous purchase.) If you click on "Sandlot VIP," it will prompt you to enter your username. After doing so, you are able to use any of the Renewal links just fine.
    I am going to post a step-by-step here in a couple of minutes. Feel free to copy or move it or expand on it however you see fit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

This will tell you how to setup (or re-setup) your VIP renewal subscription. You must have previously paid the first month $15 before setting up a subscription. Make sure if you already have a VIP subscription with cheracc that you go to PayPal and cancel it.

1. Click on "Become a VIP"

[​IMG]

2. Click on "Sandlot VIP"

[​IMG]

3. Enter your MineCraft username and click Continue. Make sure it is entered exactly the same as your MineCraft username.

[​IMG]

4. Click "Buy" on the "Sandlot VIP (Renewal)" line.

[​IMG]

5. Click Subscribe.

[​IMG]

6. Enter your details. Read the terms & conditions and click the box to accept them. Click on the PayPal button.

[​IMG]

7. This will take to you PayPal's site to enter your payment information and complete the transaction. (Tutorial not inlcuded.)

8. If you have more than one member in your household that needs VIP, return to "Become a VIP" and logout. Then repeat these steps.

[​IMG]

9. Enjoy The Sandlot!! :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. sprainedd

I'm getting lots of technical errors now. If I am persistent I can get past those, but when I click the PayPal button I get a message that I cannot get past:
    We could not send you to the payment gateway - please refresh the page and try again.

12. sprainedd

I was able to get on and pay for my renewal, but I don't think I subscribed. I don't see any recurring payment in Paypal. What do I need to do?