Upcoming Changes to VIP Benefits

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Zaerudath

Zaerudath Artisan

I will continue donating irrespective of the changes. I do have one request: if it is necessary to remove the extra homes and /workbench features from VIP, then I hope we can continue to receive those benefits via ranks. They are mere conveniences, true, but I am allergic to inconvenience. :)

Thank you once again for the finest Minecraft server on the net.

2. SilentGhast

SilentGhast Master VIP

3. camerongrace10

camerongrace10 Artisan Helper

I donate because this server provides me and my relatives a safe place to play, even if there were no perks at all I would still donate. Keep up the good work cheracc :)

4. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Hear, hear.

5. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Initiate

While I can't comprehend paying $200 to "win" at any game I also don't understand the problem with the "pay to win" model. There are so many servers to choose from that if you can't afford (or don't want) to pay then there is the choice to accept the disadvantages or choose a different server.

I've never supported that model myself and probably never will but that's MY choice. If someone can afford to pay for advantages and that's what the server is designed around I'm not really sure how it hurts anyone else for them to have that option.

6. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

Mojang is upset because they keep getting support emails from parents whose kids somehow charged up hundreds of dollars for some server - and then they want their money back. The parents just blame it on "Minecraft" since they don't have the understanding of how individual servers operate.

7. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Initiate

Ah. That I understand. Thanks for taking the time to explain!

• Like Like x 1