VIP Pricing Change (Effective May 1, 2016)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Apr 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AdorableOcelot

AdorableOcelot Craftsman

I was able to renew @rrainbowprincess and start a new VIP profile ($15) for myself, but for some reason it won't let me renew @theselittlepigs. It says "You are not allowed to purchase this item." Any tips mod-folks? @cheracc? Do we need to wait for her to expire? How will I know other than the star going away? thanks!!

2. I guess it isn't renewable so you renew at a cheaper price?

3. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I am not certain. Did you send cheracc an email to let him know that you all had VIP before? That allows you to bypass the $15 startup charge.

4. Even @rrainbowprincess

5. AdorableOcelot

AdorableOcelot Craftsman

Right, that's what I'm trying to do. I'll try again when her VIP expires and see if it goes through. It worked for RRainbow and me.

6. gaaaah i wish i WAS ever a vip!!!!
    Dad says: "No, it was enough money getting (zelda75's irl name) VIP."

7. Ildaktekh

Ildaktekh Is very Stev!

@cheracc We purchased the renewal package at the new $5.65 price and it is showing in Paypayl that is enabled, but our VIP went away. I sent an email to the email listed in the paypal, but haven't heard anything. Can you please advise?

• Like Like x 1
  8. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I have had VIP in the past and I want to renew it. But I only see a link for the 15 dollar payment. Do I click that or is there something else I am supposed to do? If I click the $15 payment link will it know I previously bought VIP and charge the $5?
    Thanks!

9. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Click the 'Sandlot VIP' tab on the VIP page. Both payment options should show up there.

10. zilory

Kyu I am only seeing the 15 dollar per month payment option.

11. LifeLearner

Click the words Sandlot VIP on the grass block

Enter your username and press continue.

If you don't see the renewal option, send cheracc a conversation to let him know that you had VIP before.

Edit: If your VIP was part of a family plan, only the first person might be set up for renewal. I had to send cheracc a message so LegoBoyo and PaddlerDude could be credited with having had VIP before the change.

• Like Like x 2
  12. zilory

Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Art

Art Novice

Any way someone can help me set this up for my daughter? She was VIP until just a few days before the new pricing took effect. When I try to reinstate it only shows $15 and doesn't indicate that renewal will be anything less. It also doesn't reduce the inital $15 fee as I assume it should from this thread. I PMed Cher yesterday but haven't heard back. At this price we might keep VIP for a while.

14. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Unfortunately, only cheracc can change the price if you were a VIP previously, and I haven't heard from him since Minecon. :( I will send him a message to see if he can take care of this for you soon. Thank you for supporting The Sandlot!

15. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

You know, I totally forgot about the pricing change. I'm pretty sure I'm still paying $15 each time. Not that I mind, though. The Sandlot is worth every penny.

• Like Like x 5
  16. captain_ODG

captain_ODG Master

Hi cheracc your awesome! one question though, I don't realy get the renew part of what you said.

17. LifeLearner

If you are getting VIP for the first time (after April 2016), you pay $15 to get started. This pays for one month of VIP benefits. Then, you pay $5.65 per month for every month after that.

Once you have paid that initial $15, the computer will know that you paid it, and then you can use the $5.65 payment link.

If you had VIP before April 2016, then you can be exempt from the first month at $15. To get exempted, you have to send a conversation to cheracc so he can tell the computer that you have already had VIP. He is super busy with his personal life, so this could take a while.

• Like Like x 2
  18. captain_ODG

captain_ODG Master

oh... thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  19. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

Pretty sure I got the 1 month of vip for $5 with a t-shirt before april. Not looking to get VIP now but at the hollidays maybe so just going to pm him to give a lot of waiting time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DattMale

DattMale Master

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This show brings back so much memories ROFL

Welcome back @cheracc

Im totally going to look into getting VIP now. :)