Vivecraft

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by LuckyLeo, Oct 23, 2016.

1. LuckyLeo

LuckyLeo Artisan Helper VIP

Hey guys,

I was wondering if Vivecraft is allowed on The Sandlot. Vivecraft is a mod which allows you to play in Virtual Reality (i'm using a Google Cardboard). So far I haven't found any advantages.

There IS a teleportation mode of transportation. But, 1. That disables whenever you join a server and 2. It uses the vanilla TP command to teleport so you can't do it anyway. Also there are other ways to walk (Pressing a button and you walk in the direction your head is pointing).

If there were any advantages though it would probably be weighed out by the disadvantages anyway. (Do you know how hard it is to just walk around your house?! geez.)

Thanks in advance! 8D

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

I've seen VR - just another type of gameplay (physically turn your head to see MC rather than move your mouse).

You should be fine as long as Sandlot commands/plugins 'override' the VR (the teleportation you mentioned being disabled).

Don't get motion sickness! :p;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. dwaaal

dwaaal Master

Any mod that gives you an advantage is not aloud. Optifine and shaders are really the only ones that are ok. Mods are a very shaky topic.

4. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

This sounds fine to me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Reading the documentation, I see a problem. The teleportation is NOT disabled on multiplayer servers and simply utilizes a command configuration to default to using /tp in lieu of the built in teleportation. Servers not running a Vivecraft plugin can find these messages overload chat. There is a commepand entry to disable this, so it would have to be used.

Also, Forge is built in to Vivecraft, so you best be aware of what you are doing. The good news is it includes Optifine built-in.

I would suggest against using Vivecraft unless the Sandlot installs a comparable plugin to handle the request load/chat load that may occur. If you elect to play Sandlot with Vivecraft and chat gets spammed with requested, expect action.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ap_rpm

ap_rpm Adept

I get this is from a few years ago now but has the server added any new plugins or has vivecraft changed? I recently got virtual desktop and shadow pc for my quest 2 so I can play pcvr on my standalone headset. Thanks!

7. TruWolf_

TruWolf_ One Ring to Hyrule them All Elder Helper

Skywars in vr would be awesome

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. TruWolf_

TruWolf_ One Ring to Hyrule them All Elder Helper

The void would be a lot scarier than it already it xd

9. ap_rpm

ap_rpm Adept

I have gotten VR on sandlot working and I love it. It would help if you added the plugin so non-VR players can see the animations (like my arms moving or PVP stuff)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

THIS SOUNDS SO FUN OMG

11. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

umm, asking for ChanCe67T.. which headset are you using? He has had an area taped off for a year hoping for a headset xd
    (I might even try it)

12. cheezypotatoes00

cheezypotatoes00 Scalloping away!

i just got a quest 2 and was wondering if i could play it on sandlot

13. _Rondolph

_Rondolph The Bean King

hi! What device do i use to project it on the vr screen? (Phone, laptop, Mac, etc.)

14. The_JOJO9

The_JOJO9 Master VIP

They use a Google Cardboard. It's like a handheld VR headset that you put your phone into. Maybe they're broadcasting their PC to their phone and seeing the game that way, but honestly, no idea how.[​IMG]

15. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

There are programs that allow for a google cardboard to be used with Vivecraft and other VR things.

16. ap_rpm

ap_rpm Adept

You need a VR ready pc and either virtual desktop(only use if you have ethernet) or an oculus link

17. ap_rpm

ap_rpm Adept

vridge is the best one but it is paid

18. ap_rpm

ap_rpm Adept

the best headset currently is the oculus quest 2 but you need a VR ready pc. the headset is 299$

19. how_its_neko

TLDR: I don't think oculus is best now, but that's my opinion. Also yeah, you do need a powerful enough computer for VR.
    Personally I would avoid using Oculus nowadays for privacy reasons (look up "oculus rift account controversy"). If you can shell out for it, try and get a Vive Index. It's the most powerful, although it is 1000$. If not, a HTC Vive is great too. That's my opinion though, and I don't own a VR Headset myself, so take this (and any other "___ is best" things on here) with a grain of salt.

20. how_its_neko

Not everyone uses Facebook anymore.