Working on becoming a Helper, asking for advice from other helpers

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by The11thDoctor, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XI_The_Doctor_IX

XI_The_Doctor_IX Adept VIP

I'm sonicdahedghog and I'm working on to trying to be a helper by stating the rules to other people, doing my best to not trying to break them. But I've struggled so far, so I'm trying to do my best, I would like advice for becoming a helper from other helpers so I can become one in the near future.

Your advice is appreciated

~ sonicdahedghog, fastest sandlot member alive

• Like Like x 1
  2. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Well, some tips from me are to help when you can, be respectful in game, and most of all, don't overly hint or ask to become a helper. I wish you luck on your journey of becoming a helper!

• Like Like x 1
  3. XI_The_Doctor_IX

XI_The_Doctor_IX Adept VIP

Thanks. I'll do my best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrueVioletMU

TrueVioletMU Adept

I see you online quite a lot and I pay attention to all players. I see you in creative when I work on my builds and am glad you are putting an effort into doing your best for the community. Forgetting the, "Don't ask to be a helper" stuff, I would like to speak to you about other things.

If the thought, "Being a helper makes you cooler and more popular," take it from me. I know what being a helper is like, and it's neither of those. Sure, you might feel a tiny bit more popular if you're that type of person, but to be honest the only thing I feel different is that I just want to go back to my normal play and I'm not exactly focused on my profile status of fame... I don't think anyone should be, either. :)
    Becoming a helper means you have more responsibility. I personally believe that if you stop worrying so much about being a helper and just be yourself trying to be a better person and influence, that's all you need. Helpers are just people who have what the moderators would like to have as, well, helpers! We like to talk to players and help them with problems.

If you're looking into becoming a helper for other players and not just yourself, you'll most likely have a better chance at it. I've seen players act rude to a player, but when a helper or a moderator comes on they act just so nice and everything. It isn't something I admire, and it is very easy to see through. I believe you are trying for yourself a tiny bit, but a lot for other players and wanting to make a difference on Sandlot which I approve. Keep trying your best and never give up on becoming a better person, because in the end you'll find it all pays off, and other people notice it, too! :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

Be helpful, be respectful and have fun....it is that simple.

And...as others have said, don't ask... :D

Remember, it is not about being popular or having a "title" as @TrueVioletMU said... It is about actually wanting to help other people because you like doing that..because that is what Sandlot is all about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FastPablo1

FastPablo1 Faster than a speeding Pablo! Helper

I'm glad that you want to be a helper as it was my goal. I would say that one of the most important things regarding becoming a helper is patience (ikr. So cheesy). I was on the server for about 3 1/2 years. It took me that long to become a helper. Don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down. I am only allowed to play on weekends, so I have had to work around that. I'm really glad I had that in-between time, because it gave me experience by being able to watch other helpers in action (I'm thinking about @Abbz05 right about now). Don't ever be discouraged. You will reach your goal if you continue this. I have seen you in-game and watched you do what you do.

I'm pretty fast too

7. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

Sent ya a pm ;)

8. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

Good luck! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.